Monday, January 23, 2012

Busy Bee

So its been a while since my last blog post because things have just been so crazy lately with Christmas, the New Year, work, birthdays, etc. Things have calmed down a bit now that the holiday season is over, so I finally have a little more time to blog.

Now, I'm not really the type of person to commit to any resolutions for the new year, but I do have a few that I'm sure that I'll probably be able to stand by for the year:

1. Buy Online. Being that Guam is such a small island with very few notable clothing stores and boutiques, shopping online more this year will work wonders for my wardrobe since it is not only cheaper (some of the prices on Guam are crazy), but I'll be able to get the right size and I won't be wearing the same things as everyone else on the island.

2. Fix Up House. Now that the holidays are over and the BF and I are both working, we have a little more money but a lot less time to spend on our home improvement projects. This year, instead of half-assing our renovations, we'll be hiring professionals to do the work for us. Since our diy kitchen makeover is still unfinished, I'm sure that hiring a contractor from now on will be worth the money.

3. Hit the Books. I had been slacking in my school work for the past few terms (failed the same two classes 2 times in a row). This is my last chance to pass or else I'll be kicked out of school. Thankfully, my professors this term are so much more helpful than my previous instructors. I'm caught up on all my assignments and I finally understand my projects which really helps because I got them wrong both times I took the class previously! I'm more motivated this year because I want to get my degree and go on to law school already.

4. Get Fit. Now I'm not going to go so far as to say that my goal is to lose 20 pounds or anything, but I would like to try and get back into shape. I have started looking into joining a gym or a class, but so far I haven't had much luck because of my crazy schedule. I have gone running and done Zumba with my cousin since the year started but I haven't been consistent with it because of the weather. Tomorrow I'm going to join the Zumba class at the community gym and hopefully I'll be able to gradually join more once I get comfortable with it.

5. Be Happy. Now I know it's much easier said than done, but being happy is one of the most important resolutions of all. This year I will strive to make myself happy and put my needs and the needs of my family above everything else. If I get too stressed out, I'll take a break. It is much healthier to take a break once in a while than to overwork myself to the point of exhaustion (which I was doing previously). I've realized how important it is to be happy and to let go of anger, resentment, and jealousy. If you're happy, you can make others happy.

So that's my list and the end of this post. Time to get back to work!

And BTW, I just wanted to say how proud I am of my sister! I'm so excited for her and the endless possibilities she will have in her future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!