Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Beauty Products

So I feel like I've been doing a lot of long, drawn out posts lately which now seems like my autobiography rather than a blog. So I've decided to move on to Day 2 of 31 Days to Build a Better Blog which is Write a List Post.


This list consists of all my favorite beauty products, which I use if not daily, then at least twice a week!


1. St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. (Prices vary by store)


I used to use this everyday, but I just recently purchased the Neutrogena Wave so now I alternate between the two. I still love this on the most because it gives me that squeaky clean, tightened pores kinda feeling.



2. DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum & Primer. ($28.00 at Sephora.com)


This product is amazing! I was getting eyelash extensions a few years ago in Hawaii, but then stopped doing them because I moved back to Guam so my eyelashes ended up falling out and then grew back very thin. Regular mascara just didn't cut it for my lashes anymore, and then I stumbled upon this! It added length,curl, and volume to my lashes and I fell in love with this product. I put it on before mascara as a primer and sometimes (when I remember to) put it on before going to sleep.



3. Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips. (Prices vary by store)


I mentioned in my other post (Weird Fact Wednesday) that I am obsessed with facial products and this product is ALWAYS stocked up in my cabinet. I'm one of those weirdos who likes to look at all the gunk left on the strip when I rip it off, so I use this at least twice a week because I'm paranoid about all the stuff that may be getting back into my pores.



4. MAC Angled Brush #263. ($18.00 at MACCosmetics.com)


Honestly, I NEED this brush to live. I've lost about 2 so far and trust me, when I can't find my brush, I flip the heck out. I use this brush to fill in my brows and no other brush I have come across can do the job like this one. And I do NOT go out in public without my brows done. Joey can testify to it since I have stayed home from work and cancelled out on a party the last two times I lost this brush.



5. Sephora Pro Foundation Airbrush #55. ($34.00 at Sephora.com)


LOVE this brush! I had been using the regular, flat, paint brush looking brushes before I came across this one. The other brushes made my face feel heavy and too "done up". This brush works amazingly well with my liquid foundation. It blends perfectly and leaves my skin still feeling and looking light and natural. Definitely worth the money I spent on it.



6 & 7. MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation (NC40) & MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Medium Dark). ($30.00 and $29.00 at MACCosmetics.com)


Absolute favorite face products ever! I went in to the MAC counter at Macy's last year looking for better products for my face. I needed coverage (due to pimples and freckles), but something that won't weigh my face down or look cakey, and something that will last all day (I am not one to reapply throughout the day). So the lovely queen (yes, she was born a boy and her name is Crimsona) who helped me recommended these products. It was love at first application.

Now I used to have really oily skin and whenever I would use MAC foundations, it would make me breakout and make my skin feel slimy. I don't know what the difference is with this one, but it makes my face feel natural. Not oily at all. And paired with the mineral powder, it gives me a soft, gentle look and feel.



8. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. ($15.00 at MACCosmetics.com)


I have been using this product for a long time now. I've always had issues with pencil liners so when this came out I was all over it. It does take some precision and a steady hand depending on how you want to apply it, but practice makes perfect! I usually only line my lower waterline since I have Asian eyes and eyeliner on my lid usually doesn't show or make a difference like on some other people.



9. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. (Prices vary by store)


So I just recently purchased this product from Kmart (the only superstore on Guam because we do not have a WalMart, Target, etc.) because my cousin recommended it to me. We both have long, thick hair, highlighted hair and washing it everyday dries it out. Now with this I don't have to wash my hair every single day (and no, my hair does not get gross and dirty because I sit behind a desk in an air conditioned office all day).



10. A Smile! (FREE)




A smile is the best tool you have. A smile is beautiful, radiant, and contagious! Even if you don't wear makeup, or buy any beauty products, a smile enhances and completes any look.




Well, I hope you enjoyed this little list. What about you? Do you use any of the products in my list? Do you have a list of your own? Please share!


You know, I just realized that I did do a list post the other day about Why I Blog. Oh well, this one's fun anyway. ^_^

12 comments:

  1. I've seen a lot of posts like this lately and I love them! They make me realize how badly I NEED to create a skin/face regimen for myself! I might just try some of these :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face routine changes depending on where I am, my stress level, the season, etc.

      Because Guam is so humid, my face gets oily quicker than when I'm back in Hawaii, which is why I use the St. Ives scrub on a daily basis. Using a harsh product like that in a cooler climate could dry out your skin. I think the fact that I put on makeup every day balances out the moisture in my skin so it's not too oily or too dry.

      Also, I have a habit of buying different products to try out which is good because if you use a product for too long your skin may just get used to it and the product won't be as effective.

      My best advice to you is to just try a few out. Use one product for two weeks and see if it works for you. If not, try a different product and find the one that's right for your skin type. Looking forward to hear about your skin/face routine in the near future!

      Delete
  2. i LOVE the dry shampoo, it works so great! and you are so pretty girl!

    great blog!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the dry shampoo is amazing!

      And thank you! You're pretty too! And I am a total fake mustache lover myself!

      ♥ Duckie.

      Delete
  3. This was so cute! I always use #1 ans #9, and a smile is so perfect!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! St. Ives is so amazing, isn't it??

      Delete
  4. I need that foundation brush! I've been using the paint brush looking one too! Where have u been all my life?! lol I love all these products.
    I was getting my lashes done too because I was never good at putting on falsies. But who has the time these days..so mascara is my must have before I leave the house. I am going to try that lash maximizer.
    I have that same angled brush! I used to use it for applying shadow as eyeliner because I SUCK at it. I totally need to practice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny because I actually went in to Sephora looking for a stippling brush for my foundation because it's supposed to give you the airbrush look and found the "Airbrush" brush. It is my absolute fave. Extremely soft yet durable. I just pump a little foundation onto a paper, dip my brush on it, then stipple it all over my face to get even coverage.

      Delete
  5. I liked your blog. You have great beauty products.http://www.revitoldirect.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!