Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blogging 101: Let's Get Critique-cal

So my stress level from yesterday has been neutralized (for now) and I'm feeling pretty good today. Yay me! AND my work computer has been fixed, which means I don't have to keep hauling my laptop back and forth! Double yay!

Anyway, so as you may or may not know, I'm still a newbie blogger (started really blogging in November) and I am always looking for ways to improve my blog. I had started reading through Darren Rowse's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog but still have not committed to buying it yet. What I did purchase however, is 31 Days to Finding Your Blogging Mojo by Bryan Allain. I did the whole ebook preview thing on Amazon and couldn't help myself. Plus, it was about $10 cheaper than the Rowse book, so win/win for me.

And that brings me to the topic of today's post: critique. Day 2 of Allain's book challenges bloggers to critique their own blogs through the eyes of the reader. I'd like to take it a step further.

Now I love all of you who actually take the time to read my blog, follow my blog, and comment on it! I really truly do and I'm so grateful for all my readers, followers, and comments! And thank you for helping me and my "little bit of everything" blog grow! You guys are AWESOME!

Okay, have I buttered you up enough? Good, because now I'd like to ask you a favor. I'd like you to assess my blog. It sounds like homework (which totally sucks) but it's easy, trust me. I'd just like you to tell me 5 things which you DON'T like about my blog so far, and 5 things that you DO like. It could be anything! Like "You don't have enough pictures" or "I don't like that Twitter widget" or "Your punctuation sucks" or "Please show me your feet". Seriously! I want to know what the worst and best things about my blog are, according to you!

I hope that you would be willing to help me out, and if you're interested in me critiquing your blog, I'd gladly return the favor! Please comment below or email me (if you don't feel comfortable putting me on blast publicly) and I will respond!

THANKS SO MUCH!

5 comments:

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!