Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blogging 101 + Thirsty Thursday

I'm still on the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog and the challenge for day 8 is to interlink your old blog posts. I do that occasionally anyway so I don't feel the need to do it right now. Basically, if you're writing a post that relates to a previous post you did, link the previous post in your current post. Simple right?

So day 9 challenges you to join and participate in a forum. The best way to gain readers and followers is to get engaged in a forum that relates to your blog. For example, I do beauty/makeup posts sometimes so I've joined the forums on Makeup Geek to share and get inspiration from other bloggers and makeup gurus. Someday soon (when I get a new camera) I'll start posting makeup tutorials for you all. I'm starting a "Get Duckie a New Camera" fund and will openly accept donations. Lol.

Btw, last night I tried this awesome drink at a friend's house but I didn't get the recipe from her! Thirsty Thursday fail! Anyway, I love fruity drinks so she made this little concoction for me. I know she used Soju (another Korean stereotype - I have never tried Soju until last night) and Calpico (a Japanese milky drink that tastes really fruity) but I don't know the last ingredient. It looked like strawberry lemonade when she gave it to me. I will ask her for the complete recipe later tonight and post it here once I get it!

AND she is a pretty good artist (her name is Ardyce) so we were discussing my awesome craft ideas and we're thinking about going into business together. Our only dilemma is getting the supplies we need (again, Guam is VERY limited in this area). But hopefully I'll be getting some stuff in from my parentals next week and then she and I are planning on ordering some more things as well and I will definitely feature some of our awesome products on here and do a giveaway or two (or ten!) once we've got the ball rolling. I'm super excited!

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd loove some makeup tutorials from you! :)

    >your quote that you left as a comment was really, really good! Loved it! And I agree w/it 100%

    Best,
    CGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx love.. Your blog is kicken! Mine, well its slowly growing as I go through school! Keep rocking girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This 31 days thing that you are doing sounds like a great idea, I look forward to hearing more about the things you're doing with it! :) I like it a lot by the way! It is just a really fun, and random blog which keeps things very upbeat and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! If you click on the "Blogging 101" tab above, you can follow along with the challenges too! I usually post a brief summary of what the challenge is for the day so that if other bloggers wanted to try it they could without having to read the whole book. Lol.

      Delete
  4. This might be a bit random,but, I clicked on top where it says ''buttons'' and I saw you have a link to share them, where did you get that? I'm new to all this, so trying to figure out how everything works xx

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!