Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How to Wear It #1: Asymmetrical hemlines

So after my mini post about asymmetrical hemlines yesterday, I decided to create a series dedicated to certain fashion trends and how to wear them. Now I'm not an expert or anything so you really don't have to pay attention at all if you don't want to (but I'd be extremely happy if you did).

Now I personally LOVE dresses and skirts with asymmetrical hemlines! However, for those of us who are not tall and slender, asymmetrical hemlines can be hard to pull off! Here are a few tips on how to wear it:

If you're short...


Tip: If you're tall you can definitely pull off a lower waist! AND, if you're not comfortable bearing the whole frontal view of your beautiful legs, turn your skirt sideways for a more subtle, peek-a-boo look.

If you're curvy...

Tip: If you're slender and want to add curves, use skirts that are more gathered or have layers!


Well I hope you liked this post and got a few good tips from it. I could go on and on about how to wear asymmetrical hemlines in the different seasons, how to dress it up or dress it down, etc. but we'll save that for later posts.

Please comment below and let me know what you think and what else I could add to future "How to Wear It" posts!

20 comments:

  1. Love this post idea! Especially since you're discussing the asymmetrical skirts! I'm really not sure how I feel about them yet, I feel like they're really cute, but at the same time, they just remind me too much of a mullet. I don't know... I'll have to try this one for myself I guess!
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I was on the fence about them too but I ended up buying one dress that was more of a wrap type, and since then I was in love. I think you should try out an asymmetrical wrap dress/skirt for starters.

      Delete
  2. Love the assymetricals! I mentioned it in my spring colors/patterns post as well, glad to see this trend catching up! Its a definite yes by me! :)

    Hope you're having a great week so far (2 more days until Friday! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so far the week has been good and I can't wait until the weekend!

      Asymmetricals are AWESOME and definitely perfect for spring/summer!

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to purchase a asymmetrical dress or skirt this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Or if you have an old maxi dress/skirt, just cut it! Fashionable and frugal!

      ^_^

      Delete
  4. So fun! I love this trend right now!

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Im thinking I may need to go out and get one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. create different sort of Games sitew.in/ each day in which some Click Here are really easy to play and also some Game Killer Download Game Killer (APK) for PC, Android, iPhone Free are really hard.The more Game Killer challenging video games Game Killer App currently really simple to play you will play with no disturbance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Among the fantastic features of this infant fc2.com/ stroller consist of the water resistant cover, flexible five-point harness for security Title full-coverage cover, and a lying seat that you can readjust in numerous positions. The Best Convertible Car Seats of 2017 For moms and dads' comfort, there are a couple of improvements thrown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!