Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Soondubu

This recipe was brought on by my lovely twin, Keena! This girl is amazing and I'm so lucky to have found her. I definitely recommend you stop by her blog and have a look around. She's a great blogger and she doesn't even know it yet! Her posts always make me crack up because of her wit and humor and I just think she's an amazing person!

So Keena went on vacay recently and blogged about a spicy tofu soup called Soondubu. Shame on me and my lack of knowledge about my Korean heritage because I didn't know about this dish until I read Keena's post. Lol. Anyway, so the other day I was too sick and too lazy to call around and find a place that could make this for me so I decided to make it on my own.


I found a recipe online but didn't really follow it so I kinda made it up as I went along. Here's the recipe I found with what I actually used.

Ingredients:

4 cups vegetable stock (I used 1 can of beef stock)
3 tbsp Gochujang (Couldn't find gochujang so I used 2 tbsp of a garlic chili paste)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (I just did a handful)
1 medium onion thinly sliced (I used half)
3 cups baby bokchoy (I used 2 baby bokchoy bushels)
2 cups bean sprouts (I grabbed a handful)
3 green onions (unfortunately the market was out of this so I didn't use any)
1 lb tofu crumbled (I used one block of tofu cut into cubes)
1 tbsp oil

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a soup pan and add onions. Cook until translucent.

2. Add chili paste, stock, and water.

3. Bring to a rapid boil.

4. Add all other ingredients stirring frequently.


So obviously I didn't go by the book on this one. But, it did taste AWESOME! Totally cleared my sinuses! Lol. Next time I make it I'll add different ingredients (shrimp, perhaps?) and let you know how that goes too!

Oh yeah, and my beef stew was amazing! The kids cleaned their plates and asked for more! Love when that happens!

Do you have an awesome recipe that you think I should try out? Let me know!

AND don't forget to start emailing me those guest posts! May is just around the corner and if you want to be a featured guest poster, email your draft post to me: frikkenduckie@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry girly, but I don't think there is a thing in there I would be willing to eat (of course, I'm just finicky)
    I avoid recipes like this... Too many vegetable-type things, not enough sugar!
    Haha ;) Glad the kids liked it though!!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I grew up eating tofu and veggies so I try to incorporate as much of it as I can into my kids' food.

      Delete
  2. Hello my dear Duckie,
    As a small token of my respect and appreciation, there's a little humble surprise for you @ http://theseamanmom.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have sush a charming and sweet place here, congrats on the blog award, it was lovely meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Going to check out your blog now and return the favor! ^_^

      Delete
  4. That. Looks. DELICIOUS! Hit me with anything spicy and I'm all over it! Thanks for the recipe hun :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo good! You should definitely give it a try! Or stop by your local Korean restaurant and ask them if they've got it! Lol.

      Delete
  5. Found your blog and happy to be here. I am your new follower now...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Going to check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  6. Mmm... that looks so yummy! I will be attempting this sometime this week, hun! Thanks for the recipe & the post! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'd love to hear what you think of it!!

      Delete
  7. Is there anything you cant do? Have you seen the movie, Twins...You're Julius and I'm Vincent. lol. Thanks for the shout out! Love me some Duckie! xx.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. No, I haven't seen it yet but I am going to watch it tonight just for you! And you need to do a guest post for me! Anything you want! Just email it to me so I can post it in May!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!