Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday + A Wishlist

First off, this new Blogger is driving me bananas. BA. NA. NAS. I hate getting used to something only to have it changed. Now I have to get used to this whole look and blog editor. Poops.

Anyway, hooray for being back at work! NOT. As you know I've been feeling pretty sick lately and I know that there must be something going around the blogosphere since I know some other bloggers who have been feeling the same way recently too (feel better lovelies!). So I stayed home pretty much all weekend as well as Monday and yesterday (Tuesday, duh) and today I'm back to work. I was actually feeling a lot better this morning until I came in to the office. I don't know what it is about this office, it always seems to make my (and my other coworkers) symptoms worse. Of course it doesn't help that our office is small, stuffy, has no open windows, and the cleaners barely do their job.

So being that I'm still not 100% I decided to dress casually today - well, we pretty much dress casually all the time here. Our firm is small on a small island so we're pretty laid back. 



Brown Maxi Dress (old), Wet Seal
Belt (came with a dress I bought), Papaya
Steve Madden Tatianna Wedge: $60.00, Macy's
Peacock Ring: $4.00, Charlotte Russe
Volcom Photobooth Purse: $1.00 (yard sale!)

Now that my birthday is just around the corner (ahem, May 29th) I've started to think about what I want. Now I'm not implying that I think I'm entitled to these things, not at all. In fact, the last real birthday present I got was YEARS ago. Seriously. I don't live near my parents or siblings so I don't get gifts from them anymore. Most of my grandparents have passed away and the only one alive is sick. And yeah, Joey hasn't gotten me a birthday gift in forever. I seriously can't remember if he ever gave me one. Sad, but oh so totally true. And my kids, well I'm sure if they had the money or the means to get me something, they would. They do give me cards and drawings from time to time, just not on my birthday. Lol. 

So I've decided to start a wishlist. Nothing too fancy or extravagant. Just a few items that I would love for any occasion, starting off with one of these:
 I have been seeing Michael Kors watches pop up all over the place lately and I want one!  Joey and I used to have this thing about always getting each other a watch on Christmas but the last two watches he bought me broke so I've really been waiting (and wishing) for a new one so the MK watches are at the top of my list.


This one is a no-brainer.  I have not gotten a camera in ages and the last one I got was less than $100.  It still works, but the quality is horrible.  Seriously horrible.  Not to mention that Chloe told me yesterday that she took it but couldn't remember where she put it.  Great.

And last but not least, I want these:
No, I'm not crazy.  I just really want power tools!  I want to build furniture for our empty house, I want to be able to fix something without having to call someone, I want to be little miss fix-it!

So that's it, that's my wish list (so far).  What about you, what are you currently wishing for?

28 comments:

  1. I would DIE for a white ceramic Michael Kors watch! And a DSLR? Yes please. Though my bday is Friday, I know I did not get either LOL. Why not? Mostly because I didn't ask.
    LOVE the maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. You should have asked. Haha. I'm going to casually show the watches to Joey tonight and say, "Man, that would be so perfect to replace my broken watches..." Hahahaha. And hey, Mother's Day is on the way too, so maybe I can get two. (Yeah right). Lol.

      Delete
    2. MOTHERS DAY! heck ya. I WILL try to score a watch lol

      Delete
  2. Cute! We love power tools around here too, you will use a power drill more often that you realize!

    Also, I think you can switch back to the old blogger interface? I switched back, I didn't like the new one either (...that, or I am just adverse to change.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A power drill is at the top of that power tool list! I know there are a bajillion uses for that so that's the tool I want the most...second place is a rotary saw. So I can cut shit up! Woo hoo! Hahahaha.

      And I'm going to see if I can switch back!

      Delete
  3. I love that peacock ring, love-love-love it! And I completely understand you on the power tools, I want them all to for a very same reason: not to ask anyone but do it myself! :) OK, that's already a list. I also want a house, and 10 acres of land so I can grow my own food. I want a couple of new lenses for my camera, wait, no, I want a new camera, Mark III. I think that should do it for a while...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my first trip to the zoo with my grandfather I have always been amazed by peacocks! Once I saw this ring I knew I just had to get it, and I also got it in silver (and my sister got both as well).

      And I am totally with you in the wanting a house. Technically the house we're in is my father's but the repairs and utility bills are all paid by us. And since this house was built in the 60's by my grandfather, there are A TON of repairs. I want a brand new house. One that doesn't need constant repairs and remodeling.

      Delete
  4. did you know city mill sells saws that can convert form being a jigsaw to being a reciprocating saw?? i just got one last month and it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg CityMill! That is the first time I heard that store name in YEARS! You totally made me smile and think of home, thank you for that! I will definitely try to beg my dad to stop by there and pick one up for me. Lol.

      Delete
  5. great watches!
    love your ring :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute blog!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo

    http://cappucinofrio.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your feeling better soon honey! And I love it that you want power tools - woohoo go girl!!
    I've got a sewing machine on my list so I can take take hems up by myself....being a shortie it's often required! ;-)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I am much better today. Must have been those healthy thoughts of yours! And yes, I'm a shortie too (5'1") so I know what you mean! I have to hem EVERYTHING. Thankfully my godparents bought me a sewing machine just last month so I've been hemming, altering, and making all kinds of sewing crafts too. Lol.

      Delete
  8. Hope you feeling better soon! <3
    Nikon D3100 is fantastic! ;)
    I like your blog! We could follow each other to keep in touch. Follow mine if you like it and let me know and I'll do the same with your blog, of course!
    Kisses from Italy xoxo Entrophia | Behind green eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I will definitely go and check out your blog right now! And yes, I soooo want the Nikon D3100! I've heard such great things about it!

      Delete
  9. Haha, I love how you want power tools! LOL! Also, how cool is it that you can wear a strapless dress to work like that? You're so lucky you live on an island!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Power tools are a must, especially since we're fixing up our house by ourselves. When I was younger I never really thought I'd be one to follow in my dad's footsteps and want to build stuff. But now, with the prices of furniture - I'm committed to DIYing as much as I can.

      Delete
  10. That dress looks great on you!:) New camera has to be number one on my wishlist, it's just a great thing to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, especially with blogging now, cameras are a must.

      Delete
  11. I'm following you now and thank you :)
    There is a new post on my blog Entrophia | Behind green eyes! Have a nice day
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the maxi dress and belt together. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What's funny is that I hardly ever throw things away so I've had this dress for about 5 years now and have only worn it a handful of times. Sometimes its good to be a hoarder. Lol.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!