Friday, May 18, 2012

Fitness Friday


Oh haaaaaayyyy!  Welcome to the very first FITNESS FRIDAY!  This is your chance to share your weekly fitness accomplishments as well as to support other bloggers in their fitness journey!

If you've been following my blog for some time now, you'd know that I'm not the most physically fit person in the world.  I don't work out consistently, I don't eat healthy, I don't even drink a lot of water.  I'm the kind of girl that says "I need to work out!" but never really does.  And when I do get motivation to start working out it usually fizzes out within a week or so.  But not anymore!

Since last Friday's post about me slacking off (again) I worked out all weekend to try and catch up.  It totally kicked my flabby ass.  I mentioned in Tuesday's post that my butt was hurting so bad that it literally hurt to sit down - especially on a hard surface like the toilet seat!

I've been doing my best to keep up with the Bodyrock challenge this week but I also skipped a couple of workouts and substituted them for Zumba, speed walking, playing basketball with Joey, etc.  I think doing any sort of physical activity is good for you.  I get bored with doing the same routine or program for too long so by switching it up, I can stay active and still work towards my fitness goals doing things that I enjoy.

This weekend I plan to push myself harder as I did last weekend because it really did help me out.  Because my weekdays are so crazy, I don't have as much spare time to work out as I do on weekends.  Plus feeling the burn on Monday and Tuesday hurts soooo bad but makes me feel soooo good.  Does that make me masochistic?

Now it's your turn!  What was your greatest fitness accomplishment this week?  Did you fall behind a little?  What routines/programs did you follow?  Link up and let us know!  Let's support each other!  And please don't forget to visit and follow my wonderful fitness support team:  Nicole and Stephanie!!


11 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I'm game for Fitness Friday! Been trying to be more active and fully thing is I just started with BedRock.tv again. This is like my 100th time but who cares right. Lol I've been following their new yoga videos too! My great accomplishment this week was hiked Y mountain for the 3d time and I did something physical everyday. Thanks for the motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job with auto correct. Lol

      Delete
    2. Lol! I hate auto correct! So glad that you tried Bodyrock.tv before too! I found out about it a few months ago because of another blogging friend of mine, Nicole. Welcome to our little Bodyrock bloggers team! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Setting up my post right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright u got ur motivation back :)!! Great job this week hun, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I must admit that I started getting lazy...but then I thought "I can't slack off because I have to post about it on Friday!!". Lol.

      Delete
  4. Proud to add my Top 10 Fitness Tips to your Fitness Linkup. Let me know if you'd like me to guest post on either Exercise or Healthy Eating. I know equally nothing about either.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with Fitness Fridays! It's hard to constantly stay motivated to work out...but I do this marine-style bootcamp near where I live and it's KICK ASS! I'm always dying throughout the class but in the end, it's worth it! :) Then I mix things up with antigravity yoga a couple times a week (here's an old post I wrote about it: http://urbanmantra.blogspot.com/2012/02/antigravity-yoga.html).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antigravity yoga sounds AWESOME! I wish they had that here.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!