Monday, February 20, 2012

So Frikken Crafty #2: "Duck" Tape Bow + Sweet Sins

Yes, it's another "So Frikken Crafty" project! Don't get used to it because I don't know when the next inspiration will hit!

After my last post on my aluminum can bow, my sister Jaxx asked me to post about HER bow craft using duck tape (yes I know it's actually called duct tape, but since I'm DUCKie, and the actual brand of tape I'm using in this craft is really called Duck Tape, for the purposes of this post, it shall be referred to as duck tape). I don't know why she can't post it to her own blog, but oh well.



Anyway, so here's what you'll need:

- Duck Tape. This brand of tape is sold at Home Depot for less than $4.00/roll. They have different patterns and colors so you can make bows for every outfit!




- Scissors. Unless you want to use your teeth to cut the tape. It's really up to you.




- Hair Clips/Bobby Pins. Whatever works for your hair.




Now here are the steps:


1. Put the roll of duck tape between your legs and pull the tape. This is seriously the best method, because you'll need both of your hands for the next steps.




2. Once you've got a long enough section pulled (about 6" or so), fold a section over (how much you fold determines how big your bow will be). This is a little tricky because the tape is so sticky. I recommend sticking your finger between the tape first, so that you can line it up better.




3. Now that you've got a piece folded over, continue folding for a total of 4 folds, then cut your folded piece away from the rest of the roll. 4 folds is just enough thickness to hold and shape your bow.

IMAGE HERE



4. Now that you've got your piece, fold it accordian style 4 times.




5. Pinch your bow in the middle, cut a small piece of tape, and wrap the tape around the middle of your bow.




6. Attach your clip by wrapping a wider piece of tape around the bow and clip. A wider piece of tape will hide the first piece you wrapped.




7. Shape your bow by pushing the ends of the fold up.




8. Put your bow in your hair and show it off to your friends because you're so frikken crafty!




**************************************************



So here's another idea I got from Heather, which is to give up a few bad habits for two whole weeks. Easier said than done, but I decided I might just give it a try since I have a long list of bad habits.

For this first "Sweet Sins" attempt, I've decided to give up cursing. Since I've been on Guam I've realized that I swear more now than I used to when I was living in Hawaii, mostly because my parents aren't around. Growing up, my siblings and I were not allowed to curse at all. Even "shut up" was considered a bad word.

So for the next two weeks I am giving up cursing altogether. We'll see how it goes...

So do you have any bad habits that you want to try and give up? Do you swear like a sailor?

♥ Duckie.

9 comments:

  1. The bows are so cute! They actually sell the patterned duck tape at a lot of different craft stores now, too! I love this leopard print tape the best!
    I don't swear too often, so I don't have to worry about this one :) Haha! I love that your doing this too!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After making it I browsed the web and saw that there are so many different kinds of patterned duck tape online. Its so cool because it is really easy to make and instead of just clipping it in your hair, you could attach them to shoes, clothing, or even make headbands and other accessories with it, which makes them great gift ideas.

      And yes, I am excited to be kicking one of my worst habits so hopefully I can last. Its a good thing that you don't have a cursing problem like I do. But from stepping on toys to trying to getting gum unstuck from little heads many times, cursing just stuck with me. Lol.

      Delete
  2. your blog is coming along nicely!

    Best Wishes from, Classic+Glam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this tomorrow! GREAT idea!
    I miss Hawaii! All my fam still lives there. I've never actually been to Guam but heard its kind of like Hawaii. Maybe I'll come visit you :-)
    Shiiiiiit! I swear TOOO much. I tried to NOT swear but eh fux it! I do what I want! LOL. I hope you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it! They're so cute I'm even thinking of doing them as party favors for my Chloe monster's birthday.

      And please come visit me! It is so boring here! Or we could just meet up in Hawaii! Lol.

      Delete
  4. these bows really turned out cute! thanks for sharing! ^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're so easy to make, I'm planning on giving them out as party favors at my daughter's upcoming 4th birthday!

      Delete

  5. The article is very interesting. And I also want to share articles about health, I'm sure this will be useful. Read and share it. Thank you very much :)

    Bahaya Tenggorokan Nyeri
    Pengobatan Kaki Bengkak secara Efektif
    Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Kepala

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!