Friday, April 6, 2012

Poppin' my Pinterest

I've been a member of Pinterest for quite some time now, but I never knew what to do with it. So yesterday I logged on and saw some awesome stuff, created some boards, and pinned. Yup, I popped my Pinterest cherry.

I can't say that I love it or hate it yet. I still don't understand the whole concept of it. I've never really been one to physically create a pin board so still I'm a little lost.


---------------BREAK---------------



Okay, so after writing the above two paragraphs, I decided to take a break and log on to Pinterest to see what I could learn from it so I didn't sound completely lost.

That was this morning around 9:30am. It is now 3:30pm.

Yes, I have been on Pinterest for the past 6 hours. And I love it. I have found so many DIY and craft ideas that I can't wait to try. I have not started on my style boards yet, those are still empty. I'll need a whole weekend set aside just to start that.

Here are just some of the wonderful ideas I've found:








Aren't they amazeballs!? Well, I think so anyway and that's all that REALLY matters, right? Lol. Oh, I also came up with a color palette for my living room:

Passing_Storm
Color by COLOURlovers


I originally just wanted it to be just different shades of grey and yellow, but I think this new palette is way better. The minty color will be used lightly, just in little accent pieces but they yellow, greys, and white will be the main colors. What do you think?

Well have a wonderful weekend! Btw, I haven't yet had a chance to do my Art Journal today but I will post it as soon as I can!

And don't forget to follow me on Pinterest - and you can help me out with it too in case I get lost. Lol.

Follow Me on Pinterest


9 comments:

  1. welcome to the club. you drank the koolaid and I'm proud of you. I'm following your boards now...love to add new people. I've got a button on my blog so come on over. The more people you follow...the more variety and more pins you'll see on your opening page. I m thinking about a Pinterest tattoo....whatdaya think? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! If you get a Pinterest tattoo, I'll get a blogger tattoo!

      Following you back on Pinterest now too.

      Delete
  2. Haha welcome to the addiction! 6 hours and you only have 24 pins?? Whaaat?
    Don't even look at my boards. I've got the Pinterest app on my phone, so I'm literally pinning ALL. DAY.
    I've got around... oh... 15,500 pins now?
    Yes, I'm bragging about how bad my addiction is. Maybe that's a cry for help?
    I love the colour pallet! Especially if the mint is just little pops everywhere. Very cute :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm following you back on Pinterest now, and it is another affirmation that you are a bad influence on my bank accounts. Good thing my parents are opening up a joint account with me this week! (I buy, they pay)

      Delete
  3. Pinterest is amazing! I love all these! Love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i'm glad i'm not the only one that loses large chunks of time to pinterest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I have been on it for the past 3 hours today.

      Delete
  5. We are muslim Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help. So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email (powerfinance7@gmail.com) So do not let these opportunity pass you by because Allah is the same yesterday, today and forever more. Please these is for serious minded and Allah fearing People.

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM
    **********************
    Your full name:
    Country/State:
    Loan Amount:
    Duration
    Phone:
    Monthly income:
    Occupation:

    Awaiting your swift response.
    May Allah bless you.
    IBRAHIM MUSA
    power Financial Service Pvt.
    Contact Us At :powerfinance7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!