Thursday, April 5, 2012

Simple Beauty + Art Journaling

Another late night led to yet another late start this morning. But it was worth it. The kids spent the night with Joey's parents which meant he and I had time to ourselves so we did a little grocery shopping and then we barbequed with our friends. The boys grilled outside while Ardyce and I stayed inside drinking some 'concoctions' she made while talking about our crafting ideas, her wedding coming up, our pasts, and a whole bunch of other random things that just popped up in our minds (like how to properly serve a beat down). It was a really fun evening and bonding with someone is always a great experience and a mini-girls night in was definitely something I had been needing for a while now.

We didn't get to bed until about 1am so Joey and I were extremely tired, woke up late, and had to rush through the morning. I did my daily cleansing and grooming routines (shower/clean face/brush teeth/dark spot corrector/brush hair), grabbed a pair of blue jeans/jeggings and a white long-sleeve and started to do my makeup. I didn't have time to do any type of 'look' per say so I just applied one simple neutral color (MAC Mythology) to my lid, mascara, and eyeliner.

Simple Beauty Style Icon: Lauren Conrad


When I looked at myself in the mirror I was really pleased. I'm usually drawn to different prints, lots of details, accessories, etc. so I find it hard to feel amazing in simple outfits. When I saw how refreshed and youthful I looked in just a simple white shirt and blue jeans, I realized that sometimes you need to step away from all the style chaos once in a while and show your natural beauty.

Now I'm not saying to stop shaving your legs or to let those eyebrows turn into a forehead mustache, but every once in a while you should let your self be free. Free from all the current fashion trends, free from all the color blending of eye shadows, free from the bulky earrings, the chunky bracelets, the acrylic nails, and the color block shoes.


Once in a while, your body needs a fashion break.


And finally, here's my art journal page for today:


13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely Duckie. I think you make an excellent point and I think that tomorrow I want to take the simple route since I have been fashion overloading all week long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley! It really has been quite a refreshing day for my body and soul. I'm not weighed down by metal jewelry, or struggling to cross the street quickly because of my heels. I'm glad you're opting for the simple look too, I'm gonna try to keep it simple at least once a week so I don't feel too much like Mimi from Drew Carey. Lol.

      Delete
  2. ITs sad to know that some girls i know cant even go to the bank without make up and heels on...ridiculous. I dont care if i look like shit, cause I know I can frikken look hot WHEN and IF I want to!

    btw, In the winter, i let my hair down and let my pits run free!! lol. I just keep a long sleeve shirt or jacket on...my husband don't care cause they are not long in the first place. i love being Asian!

    xx,
    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You're gorgeous even with your pit hairs hanging out!

      I used to be one of "those girls" but now I feel like there are so many trends going on that its kind of overwhelming! And even though I'm short I don't feel the need to wear heels every single day anymore like I used to. I guess I'm getting more comfortable with my body...or I'm just getting old. Lol.

      Delete
  3. simplicity is the best .Good point you made :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the most important lesson I learned was that simple doesn't have to mean plain, it could mean beautiful if you present yourself beautifully.

      Delete
  4. They got it right with K.I.S.S. --> keep it simple stupid!
    I love that look of Lauren Conrad. I'm such a jeans and t-shirt girl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love LC. She looks so simple yet still so stunning!

      Delete
  5. I actually prefer simple! I always feel bad when I post my own outfit posts because normally I'm just in a dress. No fancy jewelry, no cute shoes, nothing, just a dress, and it seems like all the other fashion bloggers out there are just loaded with the cutest accessories and shoes to top off their already adorable outfits.
    Honestly, I like simple. I like feeling fantastic in an outfit that took 2 seconds to put on!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Don't feel bad, I love your outfit posts!

      Yeah sometimes I read other fashion blogs and think, that's really cute, but is it functional? I can't type well with huge bangles on my arm or a bulky ring on my finger, so I tend to take them off during my workday. Even earrings hurt me sometimes when I answer or talk on the phone, so those get taken off during the day too.

      So usually my outfit at the end of the day looks a lot different than how it was in the beginning of the day. Lol.

      Delete
  6. This post is really great, I like to keep it simple sometimes... I rarely wear jewerly tho, because I'm not used to it, plus, I'm always on the go. You're so right, in a simple outfits and natural makeup your true beauty comes out and not to forget 100 times more comfortable! xx

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!