Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Even though I said I wasn't going to post today...

I forgot my school junk at home.  My notebook (with notes), chapter printout (because my school won't send us the real books), assignment drafts (that I hand write before typing), etc. so I can't do any schoolwork on my down time at work.

So of course that means I have time to blog.  But have nothing to blog about because I wasn't prepared to blog today.  Though its not like I normally prepare my posts in advance anyway, so here's a few random tidbits:

+  I'll soon be selling Cookie Lee Jewelry with my aunt.  She sells Scentsy and I mentioned that I wanted to get into Cookie Lee or some type of home based business so she ordered the starter kit for us to try out.  I'm excited - a little extra cash is always good.  But then again: mo' money, mo' problems.

+  I'm also starting Sensa today.  I'll post more about it on Fitness Friday.

+  My makeup looks so darn cute today.  Though it makes my nose look incredibly big.


+  Oh-em-gee, summer is almost over and I've got a buttload of things to do before the girls start school.

+  I wore a skirt as a top yesterday and looked faaaaaaaaaabulous!  Upcoming outfit post fa' sho'.

+  I am seriously thinking about changing careers.  Or at least get a part-time job in the fashion and retail industry again.  Potential employers:  Holler!!

 +  Can't flippin' wait until trippin' to Cali in October!  All you California bloggers, let's have a meetup!!!  That means you Keena, Mish, Vicki, Devon, Steph, Char, and any others I missed!

So I think that's all for today's post.  I'm all tuckered out right now and hungry as a mutha'.


♥ Duckie.

22 comments:

  1. Can I request a full outfit pic? I bet you looks lovely. (you do anyway just from the head shot!)

    http://graciesnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makeup is flawless :) And a skirt as a top?? Can't wait to see that outfit post!

    Sometimes I miss having a retail job. Discounts, being surrounded by cute clothes and accessories...oh myyyy. I loved playing dress up during my breaks, lol.

    -CharSD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I will definitely post that outfit next week!

      I think that's why I want to get back into retail again: the discounts! I mean I do pretty good as a paralegal, but I just miss the whole fashion lifestyle! I used to work at Guess before and I absolutely LOVED it! Our discount was 40% and considering how much Guess jeans cost, it was pretty amazing! Plus, the atmosphere is much more fun than sitting behind a desk all day!

      Delete
  3. your blog is really great <3 I love it <3 may we can follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for loving it! Going to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  4. SUMMER IS SO NOT ALMOST OVER, SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOUNG LADY, SUMMER WILL GO ON FOREVER. :)

    I may or may not be in denial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! Unfortunately there is no such thing as summer for me since I take classes online so I like to kill everyone else's spirits.

      ^_^

      Delete
  5. Ugh I hate when I leave my school stuff somewhere and I find that I have downtime where I could've done my homework...but, like you said, that means more time for blogging, right? And I agree with the other outfitters, I want to see your whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always happens that way! And then when I do bring my stuff, I'm swamped at work! Lol.

      I'm planning to post yesterday's outfit and the "skirt as a top" outfit next week so come back for that! Today I'll be posting an outfit I wore over the weekend so stay tuned to your blogroll!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Going to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the genuine comment on my blog girlie. Means a lot to me!

    Following your blog now too babe!!

    PS can't wait to see your skirt as a top post! :)



    With Love From Hollywood, Kier

    Fashion Addict
    Fashion Addict

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I'm loving your makeup. Man, I love rockin' the red lips, but I end up being paranoid all day with it on. I have to find one of those long lasting red lipstick.

    Good luck on Cookie Lee Jewelry. I know you will sell, sell, sell.

    I hate when I forget my school stuff. Ugh, especially when I need to study or when homework is due the next morning.

    So lucky that you will be in Cali! I love cali AND you are going to do a meet up. OMG, so awesome! I'm so excited for you. I've always wanted to do a Hawai'i meet up, but I only know a handful and most of them are from Maui. One day....you should be a part of it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the one I'm wearing! I only rock the red lips once in a while, but this color is awesome! It's MAC Red Enriched Liner + Russian Red Lipstick. I told the MAC girl "I want a red lipstick that doesn't make me look like a geisha." Lol. The lipstick lasts all freaking day! Give it a try!

      And I totally want to do a Hawaii blogger meet up!! Let's plan one! I know a couple bloggers in Hawaii that would be down - even if its just a few of us, it'll still be fun! And hey, Maui's only an island away, I'm sure that if we get a good crowd going, some Maui bloggers are bound to hop over too!

      I'm going to Cali in October and will have a little time in Hawaii on my way back in mid-October so let's plan, girlie!

      Delete
  9. I have honestly gone back and forth about maybe selling cookie lee too. I have for about a year now...When you get your kit let me know and PLEASE send me a catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girly you are way too gorgeous for your own good! And yes, change careers. We can go into fashion/retail together :D
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!