Monday, October 29, 2012

DIY Halloween Costume: Gwen Stefani

What's up!

I haven't posted in a hot minute because I got a little bizzay towards the end of last week.

My father-in-law (okay not really because I'm not married, but you get it, right?) visited Chloe's school to talk about fire safety so I was busy Thursday trying to coordinate and take pictures of the event for the school.

Friday afternoon Joey and I took the kids to a Halloween event down at Paseo Stadium and they all had a blast collecting candy, popcorn, shave ice, toys, etc. from all the booths down there.  Best part about it:  it was all FREE!

Chloe and Trace even got their pictures taken for the local newspaper (Aniyah was too cool for pictures).





Anyway, so this DIY costume was obviously inspired by the one and only Gwen Stefani.  I've been a fan of No Doubt since cassette tapes were still hot and have always loved Gwen's laid back style and thought that I'd do a costume tribute to her.


Gwen's simple, laid back style is pretty easy to recreate.  The basics here are printed pants, a black tank, combat boots, and of course a lacy bra peeking out add a feminine touch to this edgy look.

Gwen's makeup is always simple and classy.  A light pearly color on the lids, black eyeliner & mascara, and of course her classic red lips.

I've also found a tutorial for Gwen's hairstyle so you can complete the look HERE.

Well, that's all for now.  I'll be posting Makeup Monday's post either later tonight or maybe even tomorrow if I'm having a brain fart for recipes.  I'm not sure yet...I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

♥ Duckie.

3 comments:

  1. Aww they are so cute! My guys were Ironman and Thor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw they are so adorable!! I love their costumes (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. who didn't want to be Gwen when they were younger? love her hair and red lips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!