Monday, April 30, 2012

Makeup Monday: Grey smokey eye

Hooray for finally doing another tutorial.  My tutorial skills are improving.  Lol.  Today I actually laid out most (not all, obviously) of what I used in this look before I pressed record.  Hahaha.  I did have to grab the mirror and put it next to me while recording though.  Sorry!

I usually just do my makeup depending on how I feel.  I never really have a set look in mind when I put on my makeup in the morning.  I guess if I plan on doing more tutorials, I really should plan it out, huh?  Oh well.

So for this look I basically used one palette:  Tokidoki Adios Cromatico.  I don't know if these are even available anymore so here's the break down (in order of application):

Crease:  Grey shimmer

Lid:  Glittery silver

Outer corners:  Matte black

Highlight:  Neutral color close to your skin tone

This look is simple and easy.  I like to think of it as more of a Klassic Kardashian look.  You know how they love their grey smokey eyes.  Lol.  Oh well, enjoy!



Btw, the music cuts off towards the end.  Lol.  Still working on my editing skills.  Slowly...

Hope you had a mellow Monday and didn't get too stressed out!  And don't forget to email me about guest posting here on Frikken Duckie!  You know you want to!


19 comments:

  1. Pretty! I can appreciate the look of a good smokey eye...mostly because I am terrible at putting on eye shadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thank you! And makeup is just like everything else, practice makes perfect. I still haven't perfected the cat-eye look yet. Mostly because both eyelids are shaped differently. Lol. It's weird.

      Delete
  2. Love the makeup! Your video turned out great! Good job ;D
    Thank you so much for stopping by & following!!!! I’m following you back now on GFC :)
    Perhaps you're interested in following each other on bloglovin, if you do, let me know, so I can follow you back! it's really easier to keep in touch ;)

    Have a fab week!

    x♥x♥

    "Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico"



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I barely go on to Bloglovin' but I will follow you on it!

      Delete
  3. please don't hate me because i don't wear make-up.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Why would I hate you because of that? I just grew up loving makeup. I blame it on my gramma - she always stressed how a lady should look her best at all times. Lol.

      Delete
  4. Fab look i definately have to try that ! Great tutorial ! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see how it looks on you!

      Delete
  5. It looks amazing :)

    http://shopaholichousewife.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial! You look so lovely. You have such a cute blog =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    PS. If you're interested, check out my $50 Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely going to check out your giveaway!

      Delete
  7. LOL. you make the same face as I do:)...lol. i laugh when you check yourself in the mirror...looks like you're peeking out of the window like a nosy neighbor...LMAO. love you twin! Looks beautiful!

    xx,

    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I thought I'd be able to do it by just looking at the webcam but I didn't want to put my face right up to the screen every time. Lol.

      Delete
  8. Great Job on that tutorial, it looks beautiful on you! :)

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Going to check out your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the response (: Following you as well . keep in touch !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!