Thursday, May 24, 2012

Guest Post: Urban Mantra

Hey there readers!  So to make up for my lack of an outfit post yesterday I bring you a wonderful guest post from Urban Mantra!  This blog is so unique and my favorite part is that it is written by two sisters in two different states so you get to see their different styles and opinions!


Hi everyone!  I blog over at Urban Mantra, a lifestyle blog that chronicles the experiences of me and my sister in NYC and DC.  I hope you enjoy our guest post, and please be sure to check us out too!

I often marvel at how good some people are at pairing their outfits and creating different looks with the same pieces of clothing in their closet.  In fact, it is the ability to create versatile outfits, and not the sheer amount of clothes you have that allows you to stretch your wardrobe.  So I decided to challenge myself by creating outfit combos for different occasions from a top I recently bought from Express.  See how I fared!

Weekend Casual

 
This "weekend casual" look is best suited for an afternoon spent shopping with the girls or a day at the park!  I included 2 variations here:  In the first one, I paired the black & white striped top from Express with a black polka-dotted skirt (Yay for mixing patterns!).  Since I knew I'd be walking around a lot, I wore some comfy flats which were slightly sparkly to add some pop to the outfit.  I finished it off with a chartreuse purse to add a playful color for the day time.  The second variation is even more casual, where I paired the same top with my favorite pair of dark blue skinny jeans from Uniglo.  I finished the look with shiny flip flops.


Time for Work


The next outfit has a very similar color theme but with a different end result.  I paired the same top with a black Thalian pencil skirt that I got from Ideeli recently.  In keeping with the professional theme, I wore Nine West black heels and carried a white Michael Kors bag.  You can easily add a cardigan or blazer to protect from the cold, but with the increasing heat in DC, I decided to go sans-jacket!

So these were some combos I came up with for this top.  Which one did you like the best?  What other combinations would you do?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for letting us post! This was so much fun! I love how your blog is so versatile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU for posting! I definitely need to stretch my wardrobe a little more! Great post!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy, please be sure to check out Urban Mantra's blog for more!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!