Monday, May 21, 2012

Makeup Monday: To the beach!

In all honesty, I had nothing for you guys today.  I forgot about "Makeup Monday" and I was totally drawing a blank on what to post.  I didn't do a tutorial this weekend, didn't have a review ready, nothing.  I did pick up a new beauty product over the weekend (Neutrogena Ageless Restoratives Anti-Oxidant Booster Serum) but haven't used it enough to give you a review.

So as I was figuring out what to post, I started going over the things we did this weekend in my head and realized the perfect thing to post about:  Salt water.


In high school I was considered by some as a beach bum.  I went to the beach almost every single day.  I wore slippers (or flip flops if you prefer) all the time, made and wore shell/beach glass jewelry, had permanent tan lines, and always wore a bikini under my clothes.

Before my beach bum phase, I suffered from moderate acne.  I would break out on my forehead and chin all the time and it sucked.  Once I started going to the beach more and swimming in the ocean, my acne slowly started to clear up.

I'm not going to go into the research on how beneficial salt can be for your skin, but let's just say that salt is good.  It dries out your pimples and cleans up those oily areas of your skin. 

Another great thing about going to the beach is the sand.  Yeah, the stuff that gets into everything.  It can be good for your skin too.  Next time you're at the beach, go sit in the sand near the water (be careful not to get knocked over by the waves!) and use your feet to dig a hole in the sand. 


Okay, you may get a few strange looks but the good part is that you're exfoliating your feet!  And you know what?  While you're at it, just rub it all over your elbows, knees, hands, etc.  Might as well get a full body exfoliation for free, right?

Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!  Sorry for the half-ass beauty post.  Lol.  I'll do better tomorrow!  And don't forget to enter the giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. I might just have to try this salt thing out! What kind of salt would I use to kind of imitate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard brown sugar is a good exfloliant.

      Delete
    2. Even regular sugar works just fine, I use regular sugar and and body moisturizer, mix and then rub it all over my body... result: soft as a baby's bottom :)

      http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Sarah: Sea salt would be best. It is also good to mix sea salt with water in a spray bottle and spray your hair with it. It adds texture and gives your hair the beachy look.

      Keena: Brown sugar is amazeballs!

      Val: Good tip! I will try that out!

      Delete
  2. Salt water can be really good indeed, I always exfoliate my feet in the sand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Salt water and sand can work wonders!

      Delete
  3. Really...sand works? My feet crack so badly...I think I'd have to soak for a whole week. But that doesn't sound like a deal breaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sand works!! Every time I exfoliate my feet in the sand, they're super soft the next day. You really should try it!

      Delete
  4. Love your nails - so cute! I really need some sand therapy for my footsies!

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!