Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Monthly Mantra 2017: March



Writing has always been a way for me to calm down and reflect on things when life gets crazy.  It allows me to express my feelings in a productive and positive way and it's just so freeing.  Sometimes, when I'm really angry I'll let it all out on paper and then shred it up and throw it away.  Just doing that makes me feel so much better.

Before smartphones and social media, I would use my free time to read and write.  I used to write poems, short stories and songs just for fun.  When I was a teenager, I'd lock myself up in my room and just write.  It didn't matter what I was writing, as long as I was putting pen to paper.  These days, it's harder and harder to sit down and concentrate enough to write something.

This month, I plan to start writing more.  Poems, lists, short stories, even just little positive affirmations to reflect on.  My goal is to write at least once a day.  One line, one paragraph, one poem, whatever - as long as I'm writing, my heart will be happy.

What about you?  How does writing make you feel?

5 comments:

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!