Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Terrific Tuesday + What I Wore Wednesday

Hey guys (gals)! So I totally went M.I.A. yesterday and I must admit that it felt pretty great. I haven't taken a day off for myself for a while now. I had planned to go to work, but then I realized that I needed to pay bills anyway, so decided to use the day to run errands and get some things that we needed.

So early yesterday morning I took Chloe and Trace and we went "all over" - as Chloe put it. I picked up a few new beauty products:


Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System - tried it out yesterday and I LOVE it! My skin was sooooo soft all day long yesterday and it felt a lot lighter.



Maybelline Falsies Flared - forgot it in the bathroom and have yet to try it, but I have heard amazing reviews so far.


I also grabbed a few new items for my spring/summer wardrobe:


Clockwise from top: light blue/white striped loose knit tank top with crochet detail on back, grey/black striped maxi dress with lace detail on back, navy/white striped heart t-shirt with cut/weave detail on back, straw hat with black ribbon. All four items purchased at Ross for under $30.


Also, my godparents bought me a sewing machine! I had been talking to my godmother at Trace's party on Sunday about Chloe's upcoming party on the 24th and how I wanted to make some hobby horses (you know, the stick horses) as party favors for the kids under 5. I had hand stitched one already but it took me FOREVER because I don't have a sewing machine here. My parents said it would cost too much to ship my sewing machine from Hawaii, so I was going to buy a new one later this week. Then my godfather showed up at our house last night with a brand new one for me! I was ECSTATIC!


Of course I couldn't wait to try it out, so I made one horse head last night:


Still need to add the ears and the blaze (the stripe down the middle of the horse head) but I decided to use fabric glue for those. So once that's done I just gotta buy the sticks and pop em on! I'm really super proud of myself right now! (Can't you tell? I just said "really super".)

And I didn't start on the Bodyrock.tv challenge yet since I finally went to the Zumba class but I will try it tonight AFTER I finish my final projects...(which I haven't started on and are due tomorrow!) -__-

Sorry for such a long post, but I'm trying to make up for being MIA yesterday, so finally, here's what I'm wearing today:


Makeup: Natural look - MAC Mulch (crease), MAC Mythology (lid), MAC Blacktrack (liner), and nude lips.
Top: Navy/white striped heart tee with cut/weave detail on back
Bottom: Blue/black jeggings
Shoes: *My faves again* Steve Madden Tatianna Wedges


15 comments:

  1. The falsies mascara is fantastic! I don't like clumpy lashes and it gives good volume without clumps. Also those stick horses are sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will definitely have to try it when I get home!

      Delete
  2. loving the shoes and makeup choices!! I love MAC's Mulch!

    Best,
    Classic+Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mulch is definitely one of the colors that I constantly have to restock. Great for everyday use.

      Delete
  3. CUTE!! I love your little horse head.... I shall try to make one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just googled "stick horse pattern" and used the third image that popped up. I'll post the finished product once its done.

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to get that microderm kit...let me know how you like it.
    You make me wanna bust out my sewing machine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I plan to do a review after 2 weeks or so. But after the first use on Tuesday, my skin still feels really soft and light.

      And OMG I tried the 1st of the weekly challenges this morning and I couldn't finish. I totally puked. Maybe it was too early in the morning, but I'll try it again tonight and see how I do.

      Delete
  5. The shirt you're wearing is adorable! I really want to learn a bit more about the microderm system! I need something for my icky teenager skin! Ha :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And so far I love it, it makes my skin feel a lot lighter since it gets rid of all the dead skin cells. It also says it helps to reduce wrinkles and dark spots which is awesome because I think is never too early to start preventing wrinkles!

      Delete
  6. I am definetely intrigued by falsies flared! I have the regular falsies and it isn't bad, but it does wear down my lashes, perhaps this is better? for great lashes I do wear the colossal waterproof mascara for defining and making them a bit harder and falsies on top for volume. I don't think I have ever used a mascara that was truly amazing, so I have to play around with different ones to get a decent effect!
    Love your blog too by the way :) Def following

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the follow! Totally following you back!

      Falsies Flared is definitely one of my favorites so far. I curl my lashes before applying and it tends to hold throughout the day. You should definitely give it a try. I'd love to see a comparison between the regular Falsies and Falsies Flared.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!