Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tasty Tuesday + Art Journaling + Liebster Award

Okay so here's the first installment of Tasty Tuesday! Today's recipe is a dessert, one that I haven't had in a while - due to laziness mostly. I actually found this recipe a couple years ago because I had been craving (due to pregnancy) the Chocolate Souffle from California Pizza Kitchen. It's a light chocolate cake that has a melted center that just oozes out. I didn't want to get in the car and drive my pregnant ass all the way over to CPK just to order a dessert (again - laziness) so I found this recipe and it was amazing! A lot richer than the one at CPK, but still delicious! Plus the ingredients were already in our pantry and it only took like 20 minutes to make.


Frikken Chocolate Heaven

So here's your shopping/ingredient list:

4 Ramekins (makes 4 servings)
Baking sheet
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour

Now that you've got everything together, here are the instructions:

1. Heat your oven to 425°F.

2. Butter up those ramekins and place them on a baking sheet.

3. Microwave the chocolate and butter in large bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Mix until chocolate is completely melted then stir in the powdered sugar.

4. Add whole eggs and egg yolks; mix well then stir in flour. Spoon into the ramekins.

5. Pop it in the oven and bake for 13 to 14 min. or until sides of desserts are firm but centers are still soft. Let stand 1 min. then use a butter knife to gently loosen the sides of the cake and flip it upside down onto a dessert plate.

6. Top with powdered sugar or (my personal preference) a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.


See, doesn't it look soooooo good? Well, it tastes even better! Just don't eat it every night (though you may be tempted to after your first try) or you'll be regretting it 10lbs. later...

And here's my art journal page for today:


The prompt was "Haiku" and my wonderful lover brought me a delicious Red Velvet Frappe this morning and it was sooooooooooo good. Btw, we were totally decked out in spring colors today and we looked awesome. He wore: a long-sleeved lavender button-up with black slacks and I wore: a mint green deep v-neck sweater over a white button halter and a black pencil skirt. I'll probably wear this outfit again for next Wednesday's outfit post because this is just my favorite sweater ever (I've had it since 2006).

And lastly, but definitely not leastly (yes, I just made up a word), I have been given the Liebster Award from a super awesome blogging friend of mine, Ronida of Portable Sunshine! She's pretty amazing (she speaks 3 languages) and you should definitely check out her blog!


1. Give to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
2. That blogger will pass it on to 5 followers.
3. According to Babelfish, Liebster means Dearest.

So congratulations to me! And also to the following bloggers, who I've decided to pass this on to:

Keena
Charlotte-Joy
LM Beauty Shines
Becky
Nicole

Have a great Tuesday everyone!


12 comments:

  1. That cake looks soooo yummy!! :D


    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes sooo good. And when its still hot, right out of the oven and then you add a scoop of ice cream on top....omfg...its amaaaaazing!

      Delete
  2. OMG....that dessert looks amaaazing. I think I just gained 5 pounds reading your blog. I hate to cook...like to bake. But...don't bake either, except for the holidays....cuz I will eat everything. I will have to try this. Maybe when I have people coming over or to take somewhere....otherwise....obesiosity...(yes I just made up a word too.)
    Thanks for the award....dearest. I'd like to thank all the little people who have made this day possible....my dog....my little Parker...yada yada....I hear the music starting. I will pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I like to cook and bake but I'm barely in the kitchen anymore partly because of my laziness and the other part due to the picky eaters in my house.

      And you're welcome. I knew I just HAD to pass it on to you because you totally inspired me to get back on track with fixing up our house. I already told Joey that we're going to make that bed you did. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow. I might need to make myself one of those... pregnancy is an EXCELLENT excuse! Nom nom nom. :) Thanks for the award too! :) You are so sweet. Love your haiku, it's too cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I think I cooked/baked the most when I was pregnant because I craved so many different things and I was too lazy to get dressed to go out and eat. So I just looked the recipe up online and went to the grocery store in my pajamas and made it at home.

      Delete
  4. That looks so yummy! I can't have flour, but I am going to try making this with my gluten free flour blend!

    Also, thank you so much for the award, this literally made my day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure gluten free flour would taste just the same. You should try it! It's definitely an awesome dessert to treat yourself to. And you're welcome! Your blog is awesome!

      Delete
  5. ... That looks and sounds so flippin' good! Make me some, girly!! & Red velvet frappe? That sounds super yummy too! You're making me hungry :(
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. It is good! And its so easy to make, you could totally make it for a home cooked dinner date with Garrett!

      And yes the red velvet frappe was delish! I don't know what they put in it though, I'll have to look it up online to share it with you!

      Btw, my Tasty Tuesdays are payback for you making me hungry on your Hungry Mondays. Lol.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!