Monday, April 2, 2012

Art Journaling

Well aren't you readers lucky? Two frikken posts in one day! Lol. Okay, I was going to post this earlier but I hadn't finished it yet and wanted to get the makeup post out of the way first.

So as I mentioned earlier today, I've joined Charlotte-Joy in her week-long Art Journaling Challenge. She's provided prompts for each day of the week and your task is to apply those daily prompts to your journal. Go and visit her blog for all the details so you can join in too. Now. Open it in a new tab then come back.

Finished? Good. Now I must admit that I'm no artist. Not one bit. The things I create in my mind never turn out great on paper so I was pretty intimidated by the whole challenge. But then I saw the amazing things that Charlotte did with her previous journals and I thought, 'eh, why not?' so I decided to give it a try.

The prompt for day 1 is to introduce yourself. Here's my journal page for today:


I write really small, so its kinda hard to see, but that's what glasses are for, right?

I did my art journal entry on a blank sheet of white paper today. I haven't had time to go buy an actual journal yet but I'll probably pick up a real one tonight and just staple this page in there.

So what do you think? I'm not really great at drawing so hopefully I'll be able to practice what little skills I do have during this challenge. Now that you've got the gist of this art journaling challenge I hope you've decided to join in too! And please let me (and Charlotte) know if you do, because I'd love to see your journal pages.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it! Super cute, and all the little drawing were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cool. i never stick to a journal....
    i'm a new reader, but i'll catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! What's the link of your blog so I can follow you back?

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!