Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Sesame Crusted Salmon

My twin Keena requested that I post a healthy-ish recipe today so I decided on this one.  I actually bought the McCormick Recipe Inspirations pack one day to try it.  Since I'm not really one to follow directions, I kinda just used the ingredients in the pack without adding the extra stuff (honey, soysauce, etc.) and made my own thing and it turned out to be awesome.

Ingredients:

2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced onion
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
2 lbs. salmon fillets
1 tbsp cooking oil

Directions:

1.  Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.

2.  Coat the salmon with your cooking oil so that it doesn't stick to your pan or foil.

3.  Coat the top of the salmon fillets with the dry ingredients.

4.  Broil (or bake if you prefer) on high until salmon is fully cooked.

5.  Serve with veggies of your choice!


Sorry, I don't have any pictures of how it turned out because Joey and the kids scarfed it down.  Joey doesn't usually eat fish so it was quite surprising that he liked it so much.  I am definitely going to make this again soon!

Oh, and funny story:  we found a baby snake in our bathroom this morning!  I was brushing my teeth and saw something moving on the top shelf where my son's belt was.  At first I thought I was just seeing things because the belt couldn't have moved, but then I saw that the part that was moving was greener than the brown belt and sure enough, a baby snake was curling itself up.

It looks tiny in this photo but it was about the same length as my son.


Trace was really excited (he loves bugs, animals, reptiles, etc.) so he stood in the bathroom watching Joey while he caught the snake.  Once the snake was caught, Joey held it by the head in his hand while Trace walked back and forth under it, purposely making the snake's body and tail wriggle all over his face.  Yes, my son is odd.  The only 2-year-old I know that would purposely put a snake on his face.  Trust me - he did not get that from me.

Hope everyone's having a terrific Tuesday!  I know I am since one of the attorneys in my office brought back some goodies from Japan!  (Green tea Kit-kats will definitely be included in the giveaway prize pack now so don't forget to enter!!)

Strawberry Chocolate Mochi & Green Tea Kit-Kats!  Yum!


11 comments:

  1. Girl, when I looked at my Blogger feed and read the title of your post and then saw the snake photo next to it, I was a little worried. ;) Haha!

    What a find! I never stopped to think about just how tiny some snakes are!

    Green tea Kit Kats sound kind of awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Congrats gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Twin for the recipe!! My father in law goes fishing all the time, so if I cant get my hands on some salmon, ill put the spices on the FISH OF THE DAY...;p.

    psst...pass the green tea kit kat under the table! I wont tell, I promise.

    xx,
    klee

    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm sure it be great with any fish. And soon as I get more kit-kats, I'll send some your way. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Yummm the salmon sounds delicious! Im always looking for new recipes to cook with it since its my fav, I'll have to try this next time I pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salmon is my favorite fish too. I've tried many different variations of it and they're all so great!

      Delete
  5. lol your son is too funny, kids get fascinated at anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is a typical boy. Loves to get dirty, loves bugs and reptiles, and loves to give me a headache. Lol.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!