Friday, June 22, 2012

Fitness Friday: Raising the barre.

No, I didn't forget about Fitness Friday this time.  Okay, maybe a little.  But not really.  I was actually planning on posting it earlier but thought I should leave a little time between my last post and this one.  Oh, and I kinda lost track of time going through my blog roll and finding new blogs.  So if you're a new reader wondering who the heck I am and why in the world did I follow and/or comment your blog, WELCOME!

Alright now if you're not a new reader and you just want me to get on with the post already then fine.



So first off, high five if you know what a barre is!  If you're sitting there with your hand down, a barre is a dance term for...well basically a bar.  No, not the kind of bar you get plastered in.  You know, the horizontal pole that ballet dancers use for their warm up exercises.  Yeah, yeah, get your mind out of that gutter.

Anyway, I used to dance (you know, a millennium ago) and barre exercises really helped me with my balance, posture, strength, and form.  Even though I don't dance anymore, I still do some barre exercises every day at home.  I mentioned it in my mash-up tag vlog.

Here's a little video I found that kind of explains the sort of exercises and stretches done at the barre:




I tried to find a routine that you could follow, but sadly I couldn't find one that you wouldn't have to pay or subscribe to watch.  But if you are interested in learning more about ballet barre workouts, there are some programs and classes that you can take.  Or if you want I could post my own quick and easy routine that I do at home (comment below and let me know).

This week I didn't really do much exercising because I was sick (boohoo, right?).

The hardest part was going in to work even though I felt awful.

My greatest accomplishment this week was I was basically on a liquid diet because I was sick.

Okay, I felt guilty because I started feeling better last night and took the kiddies on a cheesy, greasy, pasta date.

Next week I'm gonna try to get back to doing some Bodyrock workouts as well as drink more water.




Now its your turn!  You know the drill, copy and paste the five things above, add in your own answers, and link up!





♥ Duckie.

16 comments:

  1. nice video!
    come by and lets follow each other sweetie!
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are always Barre workout groupons in my city! a good friend of mine does them but Ive never had the courage to join a class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Barre Classes and that they're freaking hard!

    I used to dance, too! (20+ years ago LOL)

    The barre was my favorite =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the ones I've seen are pretty intense! It's a lot more than just stretches now but it works you out a lot more too. I do some of the basic barre exercises while I'm washing dishes. Lol.

      Delete
  4. I exercise a lot, but I let myself go a while back and now I have to pay the price, but I'm back and I'm fighting :).

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm more of a yo-yo when it comes to working out and dieting. I go hard, then I let myself go, then I end up regretting it. Lol.

      Delete
  5. Aww man! I feel I been gone forever, seeing so many posts you've written that I have ''sort of'' missed. I've seen the photos at the beach, and they are beautiful! I wouldn't mind a little trip to the beach and relax on a warm sunday heehee :)

    You're not the only one who's been sick :( boohoo. And I've had to keep a very strict diet, at least for 7 days... Hopefully my belly will take sushi night this friday night (which was supposed to happen this last friday, but I wasn't the only one tummy sick) and if not..... well, I'll be in trouble! lol

    Did you figure out if you're going back to Facebook? If you did I'll love to follow you on there! :D Speak to you soon, beautiful lady! xx

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I miss you! I hope you're feeling better! You're working yourself too hard so your body's telling you to take a break! And I did make a FB but there's nothing on it yet. Lol. I'll let you know when I actually get it going!

      Delete
  6. One the best blog i see after long time
    thanks for share you post more news and tips about ballet
    its my interest . . .



    Become a ballet instructor | Where can I go to a ballet fitness class

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!