Friday, February 24, 2012

Shrinkydinks + Interior Design Inspirations

So last night we finally tried out Aniyah's Shrinky Dink machine and WE ARE ADDICTED! We only did a few to try it out so I didn't really bother to take pictures of it but they are so cool! There are so many different things you can do with it, and we are definitely going to try them all!

Here is some awesome stuff made with Shrinky Dinks:





Aren't they all AMAZING?! I will definitely be buying more Shrinky Dink paper this weekend to make a few jewelry items! Can't wait!


-------------------------------------

So if you may or may not know, Joey and I are in the process of renovating our house. We actually moved in last autumn and it's been a progressing VERY slowly. With three kids, and both of us working, its kinda hard to find time to finish our projects. So as of yet, our kitchen countertops are bare concrete. I've been begging Joey to hurry up and finish it before Chloe's birthday, but there's always an excuse (MEN!). The lack of progression still has not stopped my habit of looking for home decor though! Here are some awesome things that I am looking to incorporate in our home (whenever the hubby finishes the kitchen...):


I LOVE THIS BED! It is amazing. $15,000.00 worth of amazing to be exact. I'm sure there is someone out there who has a way of recreating the look for cheaper, right? This original version is actually made out of metal and I'd prefer a more natural, wooden bed.


My living room inspiration! We just recently painted our living room walls grey and I originally wanted the room to be blue/grey/black, but I LOVE the look of this yellow couch against the grey! Will definitely be reupholstering our couches with a yellow fabric soon!


Joey wants to use orange and brown for the kitchen and this one looks gorgeous. Totally one that I'd love to be cooking in all day!




Aniyah's favorite color is green, while Chloe's is pink so they both have conflicting point of views on what they want their room to look like. This design incorporates both colors while still keeping it simple. But I'm not too sure about the pink carpet.




Though I'd love for the kids' playroom to look like this, I know it will probably never happen. I don't know why kids get the urge to just dump EVERYTHING on the floor. That room needs to be seriously cleaned/organized. But not by me. Not again. Now, when I see the mess in there, I just shut the door and walk away. I hope a cleaning fairy visits that room soon.



Well that's it for today. All I've been doing here is google-ing decor and stuff for the house. Not a very productive work day. Lol. But now I've got lots to think about and try out this weekend at home! Well, at least AFTER I'm done sewing. Yeah, I'm trying to make a stick horse this weekend for Chloe's upcoming cowgirl-themed birthday party. Since I have no sewing machine here, I'm hand stitching. I need to find/borrow one real soon because I am NOT hand stitching 30 of these frikken horses for March 24th!

7 comments:

  1. not as pretty...but cheaper:) lol. how badly do you want the look? http://www.wanelo.com/home-and-office/Forest+Canopy+Bed-49111.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Love that one too! And yes, definitely cheaper, but still...$5k for a bed? I may as well tell Joey to cut a few trees in the yard and nail it to our bed. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Those shrinkydinks are so neat! I love that last necklace shrinkdink.
    Aaaand the bed is amazing!! I'd never pay that much for a bed, but it is oh so gorgeous! Haha maybe you should just get Joey to nail trees to the bed!
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I seriously am going to try and nail trees to our bed. I think I'd need to treat them with something though so they don't end up dying on me...then my bedroom wood look more morbid than whimsical. Lol.

      And yes, they're amazing! You should definitely try it!

      Delete
  3. I love that bed too, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it would be a woodland fairy's bed and I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!