Monday, February 13, 2012

Why I Blog

I was inspired by one of my new dear friends, Heather from Hopeless Notebook to answer a few questions about why I blog. Even though I'm still fairly new to the blogging world, it'd be really cool to post about it now, and then post it again in a few years or so and see how much my answers have changed.

1. I blog because...it allows me to express myself. I have always loved writing. The fact that you can get all of your emotions out on a piece of paper without having to utter a single word is incredible to me. I find that writing and blogging provides me with an outlet for the thoughts in my head.

2. 1 thing I love seeing on other blogs is...a variety of content. Pictures, tutorials, crafts, reviews, and an insight to the blogger's personal life are all elements of a great blog in my opinion.

3. Something I love about blogging...is that you get to connect with other people! Comments, followers, emails, I LOVE them all! I love having people comment on my posts, whether it is positive or negative, I learn from and reply to them all.

4. A favorite post of mine...is my Weird Fact Wednesday post. Though I don't really have an extensive list of posts to pull from, I like that post because it gives people an insight to who I am and allows readers to get to know me on a more personal level.

5. Something my real friends know about me that I've never mentioned on my blog before...is that I'm a huge drama queen! I can't help it, I just am. I was spoiled by my grandparents since I was little so I'm just used to getting what I want. I have extravagant tastes, I like to be the center of attention, and I can be a major bitch if I need to be (and I'll use vulgar language if my buttons are pushed too far).

6. My new favorite blogs to read are...well I have a lot of favorites, but the ones I blog stalk constantly are: Hopeless Notebook, Goodbye Yellowbrick Road, and Life in the Boys' Locker Room.

7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are...pretending to be someone I'm not. I think that some people use blogging as a way to be someone they want to be instead of showing the world who they really are. I try to stay true to myself (yeah, I know it sounds hippie) and post about things that I like and that are important to me. I'm not a crafting genius, I'm not a perfect parent, and my wardrobe isn't up-to-date with the latest fashions. But in a world full of "reality" tv, shows, and celebrities, it is refreshing to find REAL bloggers, no quotation marks necessary.


Please follow along and post why YOU blog!

♥ Duckie.

13 comments:

  1. Haha I'm flattered to hear that you blog stalk me! ;)
    That is a really cool idea, to repost this in a few years! Definitely something I'll have to keep in mind :)
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, of course I blog stalk you! Your blog is so awesome and I STILL can't believe you only started in January! If I don't forget, I'll remind you to repost it in 2016. ;)

      Delete
  2. hmm... ill have to jump on this, too! thanks... frikken duckie! ;P ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Do it! Then we can all repost it in 2016 and compare our answers to 2012.

      Delete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for your comment! :D

    Best Wishes from Classic+Glam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great post...I can totally relate to all the reasons you just mentioned especially #5. Thank you for this post! Love me some drama queens, keeps me entertained...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! And I'm dead serious about sending me some of that soup! Lol.

      And yes, drama queens do make for great entertainment! ^_^

      Delete
  5. I freaking stalk u too! Love u! Can I play?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!