Monday, March 26, 2012

Can you tell I don't like Mondays?

Or any workday for that matter.


Weekend recap: Party was a total...well disaster is what I kept calling it. Party favors did not arrive. I had to scramble around a few hours before the party and get a bunch of candy so we had a candy bar in place of party favors. My poor horses never got finished because I could not find a glue gun anywhere and when I finally borrowed one, I accidentally bought the wrong size glue sticks so I was only able to complete 2 horses. Total crafting fail. The cake that Joey said he took care of never arrived but thankfully Chloe's godmother was able to find one at the supermarket at least for her to blow her candles out. Horse never came - they thought it was for next week. Despite all the mishaps, Chloe had a good time so that's all that really mattered.

Yesterday after cleaning, we took the kids to Onward Waterpark for some family relaxing time. It was a much needed day and we all had a blast.


The only bad thing yesterday was that we all got sunburned. Which is why we all ended up staying home today. We were all so tired and sore and red, we couldn't get ourselves to function properly without groaning and complaining. Thankfully we're all feeling much better and we'll be back to work/school tomorrow.

So how was your weekend? Did any of you watch the Hunger Games? I must admit that I just finished the first book last night. Sadly I don't keep up with book trends so I was late to jump on the Hunger Games bandwagon, but I did love the book. Looking forward to reading the next one. Do you have any books you'd recommend? I'm really open to reading anything! Let me know!

Oh, and by the way, I'll be guest posting for my awesome blog buddy Heather at Hopeless Notebook on Tuesday, so please check it out! Heather is one of my very first followers (besides my sister) and she and I are still new bloggers and I'm glad that we're going through this blogging journey together. Please follow her blog if you're not already - I promise you won't regret it!

12 comments:

  1. My weekend was just slow.
    At least you had sometime to do :)
    Have a good day .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was pretty crazy for me, I'm hoping for a slow lazy weekend soon so I can actually have time to relax!

      Delete
  2. lol love the first card about the hunger games haha

    www.lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it was hilarious when I saw it and since I just finished the first book, and with the movie premier it just fit! I'm already almost done with the second book - which I just started reading last night!

      Delete
  3. Candy bars never fail! :)

    >also, let me know which perfume(s) you end up liking the best!

    Have a great week,
    CGB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer the party didn't go as expected... perhaps next time will be twice as good? :) About getting sunburn, yeah, that's never fun, specially when trying to take a shower with warm water! hehehe my weekend was alright, nothing exciting, uni work mostly, I still have to read 2 books by tomorrow *sigh*... 24 hours a day is never enough for me! Take care gorgeous! :)


    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm not even looking forward to the next party with all the chaos that happened with this last one. But both mine and Joey's mothers are already getting started on planning my son's 3rd birthday in June (he wants to be a knight) so we'll see how that pans out.

      And I have a lot of reading to finish up too. Science. Boring.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!