Thursday, March 22, 2012

Today is not a good day

Neither was last night a good night. Long story short - we had no electricity last night. Hoping it gets fixed today because I can't do anything without electricity - which may mean no party on Saturday! I never take things like running water or electricity for granted so if this is Karma or something it must be a mistake!

On a good note, my new school term started today. Finally passed those 2 classes (that I repeated about 3 times) so hopefully this term is easier. Managerial Accounting and Science Concepts. Sounds fun, right? Not. But at least its a change from the same 2 classes 3 times in a row. Lol.

I could really use some comfort food right about now and I've been craving clam chowder and a roast beef sandwich from Winchell's (coffee/doughnut shop) for a while now. Good thing its just across the street - though I doubt I'll get off my grouchy butt and walk there.

Speaking of grouchy, I really feel for Oscar the Grouch. I would be grouchy too if I had a unibrow and lived in a garbage can and people kept calling me Grouch! Maybe he just had a bad day one day and now he's stuck with "the Grouch" for the rest of his life.


Have a grouchy day! Lol. No seriously. It'd be fun to read other grouchy people's blogs right now. Hahahaha. But if you're having a wonderful one, then fine - I'll read your blog too.

13 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a crummy day! We were without power in November for a whole day and THAT felt atrocious. I can't even imagine going without for longer! Hope it comes back on soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is horrible! We were even thinking of staying at a hotel for the night but we decided against spending the money for it. We ordered dinner and ate by candlelight and I slept with my girls in their room without air conditioning. Joey slept in the car in the garage with our son - with the car on and a/c running. I'm crossing my fingers that it goes back on by the time I get home today.

      Delete
  2. I really hate it whenever electricity is gone, my whole life resumes to just ... stay there waiting for it to come back, and not fun when it's getting dark. It happened to us a few hours before new years eve, luckly got back right on time! and about lectures, yeah maybe not so fun, but keep your eyes on the prize! nothing is better than knowing you're finally over with it, at least for me! hehe xx

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally sucks because you can't do anything and you can't do anything about it either, especially at night time. :(

      Delete
  3. Electricity goes here for 3 hour everyday .so yeah i can understand how hard it is .
    Best of luck for your school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for wishing me luck! And wow, everyday? I don't think I could survive that...well maybe if I'm at work during those three hours it wouldn't be so bad.

      Delete
  4. No electricity kills me :( especially because that means unless I can hook up to my neighbors wifi, no Internet! Sorry your day sucked, sunshine!
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah I hate not being able to connect with the rest of the world! No tv, no internet, no light to read by...all I did was lay down and stare at the darkness.

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry Duckie! Hopefully your classes and lack of electricity get better!! Have a wonderful grouchy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you! Thankfully it got fixed last night, the electricians didn't get it done until after 7:30pm last night so by the time they were finished I was too tired to do anything else but sleep.

      Delete
  6. Chin Up My Love! I hope today will make up for yesterday and day before...sucks that it happened on a hectic week, especially when your planning a party. I know when I am planning a party for my kids...Im in "game mode" and if anything fails...I become a total Biotch! lol. I hope youre handling your business like a champ! good luck in school too, im rootin for you!

    xx.
    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yeah it got fixed last night after 7:30pm so I was too tired to get much done by that time. I'm at work right now and am planning on leaving early just to get everything else done today. I will definitely be a biotch for the rest of the day as well as tomorrow until everything is done. Hopefully it goes off without another major disaster!

      Delete
  7. haha thats about me right now (oscar the grouch) my classes are a bit overwhelming! love how you worded all of this! thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!