Monday, April 23, 2012

Makeup Monday: Garnier BB Cream

So one of my fabulous blogging buddies, Nicole, did a post about the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream a few weeks back over at her blog. So since its a widely known fact that I'm obsessed with any and all beauty products, I decided to give it a try too!

Now I've never tried any sort of BB cream before so I didn't really know what to expect. My skin can get pretty oily throughout the day so I never used to like putting moisturizers or creams on my face especially with the brutal humidity here on Guam.

Anyway, so Garnier says that this product instantly renews, brightens, evens, and hydrates your skin. Also, it has SPF in it so it protects some harmful effects of the sun. Okay, so let's try this sucker out, shall we?

My first impression: Goopy. Yes, goopy. Definitely not as creamy as I thought it would be. Its very thin and I would consider it to be a bit runny. I guess I was thinking it would be more like a foundation because it is pigmented. Guess not. Lol.

Okay, so here's my bare face



Now half of my face (my right, your left)



Now the whole face



And in even worse light



I really can't say that there was a dramatic difference, but I did notice that my skin tone was a bit more even and the cream did conceal some of the redness in my cheeks as well as lighten a few of my pimples a bit. But since I wear makeup almost every day and it covers my face anyway, I can't say that this product was really worth it. (I bought this for $16.49 at Kmart, by the way.) Oh, and don't mind my tan, we went to the water park this weekend again. Lol.

I guess this could be a great product for those who don't wear makeup all the time, or for the weekends when I usually give my face some breathing time. Other than that I'm not sure how often I'll use this. I'm going to try using it under my makeup and see how that works out. Hopefully it doesn't make my face even more oily. But if it does, I also picked up these babies:


So there you have it. That's my review of Garnier's BB Cream! Hope you found this helpful in some way. And if you've got any products you'd like me to try out, I'd love to hear about them!

Also, if you'd like to do a guest post for May, let me know and email me with your post!

17 comments:

  1. thank you for this review and information! I am interested!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Going to check out your blog right now!

      Delete
  2. It does make a bit of a difference and combined with all the make up we usually add on it provides such a nice looking face :)
    Thanks for sharing. Since I'm a mother there's no time at all for indulging in this kind of sweet things :(
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petro! I'm a mother of three and thankfully my kids are a little older now and know that sometimes I need my private time. Lol.

      Delete
  3. OMG had no idea that Clean & Clear had limited edition HK oil sheets! I have to get some now! (I'm obsessed with HK!!)
    THANK YOU so much for your comment & follow on my blog!!
    I'm following you back with pleasure!

    :)
    Allison
    http://afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Yes, my girls and I are completely HK obsessed as well which is why I just HAD to get it!

      Delete
  4. That's a awesome review, I use La roche-posay Anthelios XL 50+ fluid tint, and at first I thought, great, a lighter foundation, but it was like applying nothing to my face, the only good thing is that my face didn't look too white from the sunblock, and I have to apply it every 3 hours(because of my skin issue) so by the 3rd application it gives a light coverage, but it does work great under your usual makeup routine or even under powder and it gives a flawless look, when you don't feel like putting much effort, so totally give that a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! Yeah I will give it a try under my regular makeup and see how much coverage it gives me!

      Delete
  5. Great review! Like you, I wear make up almost every day too, so I don't know what more this can offer to justify me spending money on it, but for someone who doesn't it seems quite good! xx

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sarah! Yeah I don't think it's worth it if you wear makeup anyway, but I'm going to try it out under my makeup and see if it provides even more coverage for those hard to cover areas.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review! I have a whole bunch of Skin79 BB cream that I've been meaning to try out but haven't gotten around to yet. It just doesn't seem compatible with my oily skin though!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I'm so glad you tried it. I kinda have a love hate relationship with it too
    I am posting my final thoughts on it this week. So OMG I had my makeup monday post all done, but then I had a hard time uploading a picture so now it has to be a makeup tuesday post! But I got one doen yay!
    I miss you much Jess!
    Oh and the Greek yogurt I have fallen in love with is "called" the Greek Gods. LOL Let me know if you find it and get it. Or if you find another brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yeah I've been wearing it under my makeup so far and the coverage is pretty good. But, I've also gotten 3 new pimples since I've been using it. Not sure if its because of it or because I've been sick and stressed, but hopefully it clears up and no more pimples appear. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Ya I got a pimple too but then realized...fuuuuu its PMS! LOL
      I've been using powder over mine for that extra bit of coverage too

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!