Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Are you hungry? Well I am, so lets get started!

Today's recipe is easy to make, light on your stomach, and healthy too! I used to make this for myself all the time back in my skinny, gogo dancing days. I ate a lot healthier back then too and bought a South Beach Diet cookbook to try a few things out.

California Lettuce Wrap





Ingredients:

1 lettuce leaf (red or green - your preference)
1 slice turkey breast
1 slice ham
1 slice tomato
1 slice avocado
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 leaf arugula (or watercress)
1 tablespoon ranch dressing (okay, its supposed to be sugar-free ranch dressing)

*Note: I usually just get the variety pack of sliced deli/sandwich meat and use those.

Directions:

1. Place lettuce on plate and layer turkey, ham, and tomato on top.

2. Mash avocado, mix with lime juice, and spoon onto tomato. You could also just skip the mashing by layering the avocado slice on the tomato and sprinkling the lime juice on top.

3. Top with arugula (or watercress) and ranch dressing.

4. Roll it up, secure with toothpick, and eat (but don't eat the toothpick).


This recipe is so versatile and fun. My favorite thing about this recipe is that you could play around with it. Instead of turkey and ham, add a grilled chicken breast. Instead of avocado, add cucumber. You could even use different dressings, add alfalfa sprouts, or even add some shredded cheese to it. Make it your own because after all, you'll be the one enjoying it!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds very very yum! I'd like to try it one of these days! :D

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely read your mind on the healthy food stuff ;) I'm a horribly picky eater, and I'm pretty sure the only things in here I know I like are avocados and ranch... If you say it's good, maybe i'll try it ;)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You can substitute your ingredients. I never knew wtf arugula was until I made this for the first time. And it was awesome!

      Delete
  3. That looks sooo wonderful! I must try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!