Monday, May 14, 2012

Makeup Monday: DIY Ice Cucumber Pads

Happy Mother's Day!  Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their mothers and/or kids!  Mother's Day was yesterday for me and it was awesome!  It felt so good to sleep in for a bit!  But then Joey informed me that even though it was Mother's Day, I still had to get up and get dressed so we could go and eat.  Buzz kill.

Anyway, I also got a super awesome dress from Joey!  I had been wanting this dress for the past 2 weeks now so I was so happy that I got it and was able to wear it all day long!  Yeah, I even wore it to the park and flew kites in it.  It's just so darn amazing that I didn't want to take it off!  You can bet that I'll be wearing it again on Wednesday just to post it for you guys!

I'm gonna keep today's post a little short because I'm still pretty tired from our whole day of fun yesterday, my workout last night KILLED me, and I have a boatload of homework to finish by Wednesday that I haven't even started on yet!

So because I'm so tired I've decided to share a little DIY/Homemade recipe with you that will help you with those puffy eyes in the mornings!  I never get enough sleep (c'mon what human really does these days) and battling those dark circles and puffy eyes every morning can be a pain.  Luckily, I stumbled across this little DIY from Michelle Phan and my eyes love it.


Ice Cucumber Pads







All you need is cucumber juice - this can be made in a juicer or a blender, cotton pads, and a ziploc bag

Soak the cotton pads in the cucumber juice, squeeze out the excess, lay them flat in a ziploc bag, and freeze!  Simple, easy, and so refreshing for your eyes. 

So when you get up in the morning, take 2 pads out and let them thaw for a little bit (maybe while you shower), pop them on your eyes for about 10 minutes, and voila!  Your eyes will feel much more awake and hydrated!

Now go on and start juicing those cucumbers tonight for a refreshing start in the morning!  I'm going to finish my work and then get started on my homework!

14 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun! :) Happy mother's day to you! I can't wait to see that dress, I'm sure it looks fab on you :D xx


    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! I'll be posting it soon! It's my new favorite dress!

      Delete
  2. Hmm... I might actually try this. Thanks for following me. Following back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, you should definitely give it a try! It's so quick and easy and refreshing!

      Delete
  3. Love the new look of your blog sis! You are so amazeball =), if I haven't told you enough :). I'm gonna post my progress on a new page section. 14 days, 5 lbs...Im about to blow your socks off! Well, i will try to at least...lol. Just signed up for another half marathon on June 3rd, so I need this loss...teehee. And I will make this ice cucumber pack to relax when I can. :). Thanks for sharing, beautiful!

    xx,
    klee over at mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps...4 more frikken people and youre have 100 followers...whooo! cant wait til the give away...=)...LOL.

      Delete
    2. LOL! No, YOU are the amazing one!

      Delete
  4. Oooh Im gonna definitely try this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is neat! I might have to give it a try! New follower btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Going to check out your blog now too!

      Delete
  6. Haha I was going to do a post on this! I won't steal your thunder :) Love this~ I do this every week! Perfect for a Monday x100


    Best,
    C&G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a funny coincidence! I cannot rave enough about these - they're amazing!

      Delete
  7. I will have to try these thank you!!!

    Have a beautiful day
    HashTagBucketList.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!