Friday, May 11, 2012

Fitness Friday (or lack of)

Alright, alright I'll admit it:  I've been slacking with my workouts lately.  I won't bore you with excuses so just know that I do plan to go extra hard this weekend to catch up.  On a more positive note, I have been eating a lot better this week (okay, except for Wednesday night when I made 3 cheese stuffed pasta shells - in case you didn't know, I'm a cheese-oholic) and have been snacking a lot less and also have been drinking more water.

So far I've done days 1 & 2 of the Bodyrock challenge this month.  I watched day 3 & 4 but haven't actually done them yet.  I mean c'mon, Day 3 looks intense!  I'm extremely nervous to start that one and I know I'll be feeling the burn of that workout for days to come so wish me luck!  I'll be doing days 3 & 4 tonight and I'll be doing days 1 & 2 (and maybe 3) of week 2 over this weekend.  I haven't watched week 2's workout videos yet but I'm sure they're intense because of the Burn & Sculpt workouts.  Omfg I'm going to need a wheelchair by Monday.

Here's a sneak peek of what I'll be doing this weekend, and it's only the burn half of the workout!  The sculpt half is an entirely different video.





See, aren't you sweating bullets too!?  Not because you actually did it - but because you're super intimidated!  No?  Just me then?  Well, so much for relaxing this weekend.  It'll be worth it in the end though.  I hope.

And guesssssss whaaaaaat??  We're starting a link up!  Yup, just for you and your body!



I've noticed lately that a lot of bloggers have been trying to get (back) into shape so what better way to do it than by joining up with others.  We may not all be at the same level, we may not even like to do the same types of routines, but we're working to accomplish the same goal of being fit and healthy so the main purpose of this link up is:  SUPPORT!

From personal experience, I've learned that sometimes you just need that extra push (or shove) to do better.  Motivation leads to determination, so let's motivate each other to do better and push ourselves harder!  Plus we can all laugh at our injuries and sore muscles, and then complain that it hurts too much to laugh. (Better get your laughs out now!)

So go out, work out, and then link up with us next Friday!  All you have to do is give us an update on your progress.  Easy, right?  Post about what you did during the week (workout, diet, marathon, etc.) and share your progress with us!

Also, please go and follow Nicole aka Miss Bodyrock and the newest recruit to our little Bodyrock Bloggers group, Stephanie!  

Hope you guys have a fantastic Friday and a wonderful weekend!  And also a Happy Mother's Day to all the baby mammas out there!  Word.  Oh, and don't forget to check out yesterday's guest post HERE by the wonderful Erin!  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  She's amazing!

30 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice body workout...
    Good to be healthy :)

    Wanna follow each other? If you are interested follow me, tell me & I'll follow you back :)

    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work out but now have got lazy. Want to get back to it soon. Do you like to follow each other? Let me know will love to follow you back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Stephanie and I am also a cheese-oholic lol

    Thanks for mentioning me boo!! Day three was INTENSE but in a good way, I felt sooo accomplished after I did it!! Ill be sure to post my weekly updates on fitness fridays (such a good idea btw!!) don't worry you got this girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for cheese-oholics! Lol. And I'm so glad you've joined our little Bodyrock group!

      Delete
  5. Its good that you watch the workouts prior to actually doing them...I do the same thing. I even write mine down in my handy dandy notebook :-) It really holds me accountable.
    When I first started bodyrocking, I would only do the workouts that were "easy." But I was just selling myself short. Who cares if you can only crank out 1 or 2 of an exercise in that 50 seconds...you didn't let I CAN'T get in your way...you defeated the opposition (as my child would say). Girl you totally got this! You and Steph inspire ME to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write mine down the day before too! Lol I just keep telling myself its 50 seconds I got this, one more set I got this! Thanks girl cause you guys really motivate me too :)

      Delete
    2. I always watch them before I do them so I know what's in store for me. I think its kinda bad in a way because it intimidates me but then by the time I get through it I feel AWESOME!

      Delete
  6. Hey! ahh youre so right, definitely about time to get back into shape haha! gym, here i come!
    cute blog btw! would you maybe like to follow each other? :)
    XOXO Kasia
    http://misskasia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! You should link up with us next Friday and share your work out with us!

      Delete
  7. haha, i did sweat just watching that video out of intimidation!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I soo need to work out! As a typical friday night, I'm doomed, but tomorrow I will definitely try to do something, fat doesn't just dissapear! as much I would love that to happen, lol. Hope you're doing great me on the other hand, trying to balance blogging and a busy schedule which isn't easy! xx

    http://pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been putting off working out for a while now but I feel like I NEED to get back into shape. I've been getting more lazy and its bringing me down. Lol. Hope your schedule gets better! I miss your posts!

      Delete
  9. Twin, I have been slacking off hella much too.

    Okay, so I thought of a plan...if I don't lose 5 pounds by June...I will give you a $50 gift card from F21! lol. Ill dress you for one of Wednesdays..."what I wore Wednesday! If i do lose 5 lbs, then you will get a small consolation prize of $25...lol.

    Ill keep you posted on my progress!

    xx,
    klee

    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, I literally laughed out loud when I read this! You're so crazy/funny/awesome that I couldn't help it! And girl I will totally take you up on that offer! Lol. So you better hurry up because June is right around the corner! Or better yet, eat more nachos! Better for me. Lol!

      Delete
  10. great post
    & I love your blog
    Would love you to have you as a blogfriend,
    so pls take also a look at my blog!

    XO, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, hope you can join in next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. jajaja cheese-oholic, I hear ya, what an addiction! It looks intense, you are so brave, I'm sticking to the old tricks but doing them more often (spinning, a little body pump). You're right, now we are all trying to get into shape, we need to band together! Kisses

    http://mostlymelina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please come back and link up with us and share your workout/fitness routines and experiences! We'd love to hear them!! And yes, we should all band together for moral support!

      Delete
  13. thanks for your lovely comment! I follow you now too :)

    Xo, Carmen
    www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey hun! thank you so much for following, i have now followed you back! looking forward to your next post! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!