Monday, August 20, 2012

Call me Batgirl.

Because I’m blind. Okay, not really, but pretty much.



I’m Nearsighted which means that anything further than 10 feet away from me is a blur. So if you see me from a distance with my face scrunched up at you – sorry, but I’m just trying to make out who you are.

Driving at night? No thanks. In the rain? Fuhgeddaboudit.

Now, I don’t know about you all but both my gramma and mom wore glasses so obviously I wrote them off as un-cool. I was entirely against being a part of the next generation of four-eyes.

Then I turned 16. You may be wondering what being 16 has to do with glasses, right? One word: LICENSE.



Yup, I HAD to get eyeglasses in order to pass that stupid test and I realized it wasn’t so bad wearing them after all. In fact, it was actually a fun process (okay, minus getting your pupils dilated) and I had no idea how fun it could be to shop for frames!

I picked the most stylish and most flattering (and most expensive) pair I could find. They were Versace, in case you were wondering. Of course, I didn’t really care much for the price since dear old mom and dad were the ones stuck with the bill. *sigh* If only life were still that easy…

But of course, we grow up and end up having to buy our own stuff now because that’s what grown-ups do blah blah blah… And now we HAVE to look at the price of everything before even considering it, AND trying to find time to do that is practically impossible since we “grown-ups” have to work (okay, well not me anymore) for the money to even consider considering making any kind of purchase. You get where I’m going with this, right?



Anyway, that is where GlassesUSA.com comes in! Tada!

They are absolutely AWESOME! They’ve got an incredible selection of high quality frames and amazingly affordable prices – even for a cheap frugal Asian like me! Now I can shop for eyeglasses online and compare prices in the comfort of my own home without having to put pants on!

I've got my eyes on these bad boys:



Oh, and um, hello! They even have a virtual mirror for you to try on and compare the frames you like before you actually decide to order glasses. Trust me when I say that my kids and I have already spent hours on this thing browsing for glasses. It is seriously so much fun! Here, try it out for yourself:



Fun, right!? You’re welcome.

But seriously, go check out GlassesUSA.com right now and take full advantage of the opportunity to get a new pair of glasses while not wearing any pants. Oh, and here are some AWESOME discounts to help you on your way (because we all know that’s what really makes you commit to an online purchase).

15% off your entire order plus free shipping (on orders over $50): FS15

10% off any order of prescription glasses: BLOG10

They’ve also got a whole bunch of other discounts and offers for you right now ($30 credit if you refer a friend) that you should definitely take full advantage of! Don't worry, they don't mind.

Now go on and get your pant-less behind over toGlassesUSA.com and get your eyes a little present!

♥ Duckie.

8 comments:

  1. :-) i am still lucky (right now) to be the only person in my family to still not wear glasses. My hubs even wears them...granted its only for reading but still. LOL
    LOVE the new look! I need you to help me to make my side bars smaller so my post area is bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is too neat that you can virtually try them on before you buy! So far I don't have to wear glasses, but most of my family does. I'm not sure if that will change or not. I think glasses are way cute though! I wouldn't mind :D
    Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still doing alright! even one of eyes had problems- I deny using glasses cause isn't cool for me. no way also contact lense...Might i get one if totally blurr everythings, hehehe. you look cute with your eyeglass

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty cool website. I'm nearsighted as well and I've been wearing glasses since middle school and contacts since high school. I only wear glasses at home, only because I hate when it slips off my nose; it gets annoying when you're in public! haha. Btw, those frames are super cute!

    -Char
    www.char-sd.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't wear glasses but if I did I would totally check these guys out - love that you can upload a photo and "try before you buy!"

    You totally rock your glasses too btw :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, thanks for sharing! I'm nerdsighted too so this comes in handy ;)
    xo, Elien
    Dogs & dresses | blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. With tighter budgets these days, buying eyeglasses online is very helpful. Some website like GlassesShop.com, GlassesUSA are wonderful options for discount glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!