Thursday, August 16, 2012

You should have known.

I know, I’m horrible. I said that I’d be posting more often now that I’m a “full-time blogger” and I haven’t been posting at all. Go ahead, you can do the door slam scene from Superstar now.



Didn’t that just make you feel a lot better? You’re welcome.

Anyway, even though I haven’t posted lately, it’s not like I’ve been sitting around in my underwear doing absolutely nothing all day. I’ve actually been sitting in my underwear reading all day. And yes, it sounded a lot more productive in my head.

But seriously, I’ve actually been reading quite a lot lately which is pretty awesome because what kind of a writer doesn’t read, right? Hah, you like that one? And if I plan to be a big-shot blogger/writer one day I’ve got to do more than just write great things, I’ve got to read great things too.

So that’s what I’ve been doing all week. Reading. Gaining perspective. Getting inspired.

What have you all been up to? And more importantly, what are your book recommendations? Let me know so I can read ‘em all! Here's what I just finished reading this week:

This Little Piggy Went to the Liquor Store by A.K. Turner
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson


♥ Duckie.


P.S. Be expecting some minor design changes around here this week. Thank you.

11 comments:

  1. i'm curbed with work but i'm happy doing it. i just started reading The Confession from John Grisham. after the trilogy of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo i'm really into crime-fiction novel lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like Let's pretend this never happened? (Jenny is a good friend of mine-one of the first Austin bloggers I met when I moved out here).
    I liked "Moloka'i" and "Hawaii" both by the same author (and for OBVIOUS reasons LOL) But they were really good!
    I miss your face! P.S. I need you help on blog design again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the titles of those two books! They sounds like awesome books to read :D Glad to see you are doing something productive at least, right? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is nothing wrong with sitting around in your underwear reading. NOTHING.

    know how I know?

    because it's one of my favourite pastimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're horrible! Nah... my current favorite book ....(ok...go get a pencil so you can write this down ... I'll wait......) ... is The New York Times Crazy Hard Crossword Puzzles. It really is a page turner. Maybe I can send it to you when I'm done. Do you have something to erase ink?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol this post cracked me up--at least you've got a new cute blog design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving your new design! Looks fresh and fun :D xx

    pinkgoldenlights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I was wondering when we'd see another post! I miss you! At least you're doing something productive with your time! I just moved into my dorm on Sunday and have been exploring campus with Garrett and my roomie and yesterday we went out and bought hermit crabs!
    I hope you're doing well girly, I miss you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would highly recommend reading The Law of Attraction - it really helps you focus and motivates you to be the best damn duckie you could ever be!
    (although you're already fabulous now btw)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!