Thursday, December 7, 2017

Monthly Mantra 2017: December



For the past few months I've been extremely focused on my goals.  I have been working quietly on building my business, creating a brand, and setting myself up for success.  Once opportunities came knocking on my door however, I was scared shitless.  I thought, "No, I'm not on that level yet!  I can't possibly do that right now, I'm not ready!"  I was afraid of starting something I didn't know how to do.  It was scary and nerve-wracking and I had no idea what I was doing.  I said yes anyway.

During the past month, my items have been showcased in a fundraiser fashion show, I have been featured on a local news segment, and just recently delivered some items to be sold at a local surf shop.  I'm doing the things I had dreamed of doing and reaching the goals I had set for myself much faster than I thought possible because I started before I thought I was ready.  The people who came and presented me with those opportunities KNEW I was ready because they saw potential that I couldn't.  I am so thankful for them and am excited for what the future has in store for me.

Though I'm not where I want to be yet and still have a long way to go, I am confident that I will accomplish my goals by pushing past my self-doubt and seizing the opportunities that come my way.

This is the last month of 2017 and it has been a crazy/fun/exciting year and I cannot wait to enter 2018 with a clear mind and a new set of goals than what I started with in 2017.

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing how well your business is going! Great advice about setting aside self-doubt and going for it, I don't feel like you ever feel "ready" for things to happen. I find this difficult being so type A and trying to prepare for everything I can.

    Best of luck on killing your goals in 2018!

    Ashleigh | Ashleigh Renay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!