Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Caprese Grilled Cheese

Yay for Tuesday!  Well, not really because my bills are due today.  BOO!

So today I've got an awesome sandwich recipe for you that I found on Pinterest.  I've only been an active pinner for a little while now (see post about losing my Pinterest virginity HERE) but I absolutely love it!

The original recipe came from Yammie's Noshery and the photos posted here are also credited to her.  Her blog is full of wonderful treats and recipes so you can bet I'll be pinning them all soon!


Ingredients

2 slices of Sourdough bread
Butter
Garlic powder
1/2 cup of shredded Mozarella Cheese
Tomato slices
Fresh Basil, chopped


Directions

1.  Butter the bread and sprinkle with garlic powder.
2.  Layer cheese, tomato slices, and basil on bread.
3.  Pop it in your oven/toaster oven or heat on a skillet until both sides are brown and cheese is melted.


Doesn't that just look AMAZING!?  As stated in Friday's post I am a cheese-oholic and this will definitely satisfy my addiction! 

And as a little update on my fitness progress (don't forget to link up on Friday) my body is HURTING!  Going HAM (yeah I totally said that) over the weekend and speed walking (I'm not running yet) 2 miles last night has got me sore all over today.  But that means its working, right?  I'm mostly feeling it in my booty and thighs (damn you squats and touchdowns!) and I can't wait to get my 18-year-old booty back!  But honestly it hurts to sit down and I'm practically yelling when I try to sit on the toilet seat - perhaps its a good idea to get one of those cushioned ones now.  Lol.

Oh, and I'll be working out a lot harder now since (and I don't want to get my hopes up just yet) Joey may be joining the National Guard soon.  He's been wanting to get back into the military for quite some time now but kept getting the run around because nobody could get him in (long story - email me if you wanna hear it).  So finally yesterday they gave him the go ahead so long as his case gets wrapped up soon (crossing fingers!!) and we're excited!  Praying that all goes well and if it does, this year will be amazing!

Have a terrific Tuesday!  I've got to get back to work and finish those homework assignments (yeah, I still haven't finished them)!  And stay tuned tomorrow to see my new favorite dress - it has been hanging on the wall of my living room since I got it. 

19 comments:

  1. OMG that looks and sounds amazing! I must try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it! Then we can all be cheese stuffed together! Lol.

      Delete
  2. Ok first of all this looks amazing, and second of all... I miss you Duckie! I'm starting to blog again on June 1st. I'm trying not to let blogging distract me until then, though :(
    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I miss you too! I feel lost when I don't see a post from you on my feed! I seriously cannot wait until you're back to blogging but I'm excited that you'll be graduating soon! YAY!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to redo my blog a little bit before I get back to blogging. I'm SO close to graduating. I'm excited to be done with school, but I'm almost more excited to start blogging again X-) Lol

      Delete
    3. Yeah I wanted a change, something that was my own and not from stock images. I'm having trouble with a header though! I have no idea what to put yet. Lol.

      Delete
    4. Yeah I'm having a little trouble with mine, too. I just can't decide how I want my blog to look! I love yours so far though :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. You really do want to sabotage me, dont you?...lol. Good thing I don't like warm cheese with warm tomatoes and lettuce on my sandwiches...hahaha. I just hate warm sandwiches...never been to Quiznos because of it. Wow, I finally found something we dont have in common. So sad...he he. Ill sub the bread for tortilla chips and make nachos instead!!

    xx,
    klee over at mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you're so weird! How can you not like Quiznos? Lol. Just kidding! I just love the ooey-gooey goodness that is melted cheese...

      Delete
  4. THIS looks so amazing!! Love caprese, and love grilled cheese!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both too! I'm a cheese-oholic so this is the best of both worlds for me!

      Delete
  5. Omgoshhh this looks so good! I need to make this asap, the cheese looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Do it!! Then we can be cheese stuffed together! Lol.

      Delete
  6. YUM! And your blog got a makeover! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your preggo booty really need to make this recipe! Lol.

      Delete
  7. OMG I want one of these!!
    Thanks for sharing!! Now I'm hungry! lol
    Just wanting you to know I'm sending you some blog lovin your way and checking out your sponsors and adds!

    Have a beautiful day
    swbeautifullife.blogspot.com
    hastagbucketlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first saw this recipe I was practically drooling! And it tastes AMAZING! You should definitely give it a try!

      And thank you so much for your support!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!