Friday, May 4, 2012

Fit and Fabulous Friday

Today is faaaaaaaabulous!  Why?  Because it's payday.  Haha.  C'mon, you can't tell me that you don't think paydays are fabulous days!


It is also my brother's birthday!  (Even though he doesn't read this - or probably doesn't even know I blog)  Happy Birthday John-a-thon!  Lol.  Okay, okay, his real name is Jonathan but people always seemed to spell his name wrong when we were growing up.  John-a-thon was by far the funniest.

Btw, I totally had to google his name to find a picture of him.  He went to college in Boston after high school and has been there ever since so we barely get to see each other and don't communicate very often because our schedules are so different.  I don't really even know how old he is today...He's about 2 years younger than me, so that'd make him 24 today??  Since I'll be (ahem) 26

Anyway, happy birthday bro-chacho!  Hope you're doing wonderfully out there in Boston and hope we're able to get together again soon!  The kids will be sending you cards this weekend, so check your mail.

So I'm also feeling fabulous today because of another reason:  I worked out this morning!  (GASP!!)  I know, right!?  Shocking, but true!  Motivated once again by Nicole (this girl is a workout beast!) and feeling guilty about failing her dare in March, I decided to give it another go this month!

I had planned to work out last night but by the time we got home it was late and Joey fell asleep on me so I figured it was better to rest first and work out in the morning.  Well, that plan didn't go well because I stayed awake until almost 2am watching DIY network and debating whether or not I should just go to the living room and work out or not.  Plus I think I was also super nervous about working out that it made me even more restless.  I know it sounds silly but I get super intimidated by work out routines and challenges!  Am I alone in this?

Anyway, so I woke up later than I had hoped this morning but luckily I was able to squeeze a little work out time in.  So for the first day of the challenge, you do a fit test.  If you're like me, you're probably thinking "Fit?  Test?  Omg I'm gonna fail!"  But thankfully, the fit test is all about what you can do.  There's no right or wrongs - unless you're totally doing the exercise wrong - so it's pretty simple.  Also the great thing about the Bodyrock workouts is that they fit the needs of YOUR level.  Obviously mine is beginner.  Lol.





So the beginner level fit test for today consisted of squats, push ups, dips, and crunches.  See, doesn't that sound intimidating?  I was freaking out  because it was totally intimidating me!  But, I committed to doing it so I couldn't back out.  So the challenge was to do each exercise for 50 seconds (rest for 10 seconds in between) 3 times.  If that sounds a little confusing for you, we're on the same level!  Basically, do squats for 50 seconds, write down how many you did, do push ups for 50 seconds, write down how many you did, dips for 50, write it, crunches for 50, write again, and repeat the process 2 more times!

Omg, that just made me sound totally boring!  This post is starting to look like a math problem (and we all know how much I hate math)!  Okay, if you're still confused, go ask Nicole.  I'm a super beginner at this whole work out, interval, timer, reps, (insert work out lingo here), kinda thing so try not to rely on me for help.  Haha.  Totally not throwing myself under the bus for this one!  Lol.  But anyway, here are my scores:

Squats:  36/25/26
Push-ups:  10/15/14
Dips:  10/15/16
Crunches:  14/25/30

I honestly did a lot better than I expected.  Not phenomenal, but I thought I'd only be able to do 5 of each.  My upper body strength is horrible!  And I was super bummed that I didn't have enough time to do the flow test this morning because I love yoga and pilates and I'm glad that Bodyrock has started incorporating it into their monthly challenges!

So now that you've seen what I can (barely) do, its your turn to try it out and show off your awesome scores!  Go to Bodyrock.tv and join in on the challenge!  You KNOW that summer is just around the corner, so lets start working on that bikini model body together!

18 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your brother!!
    Well, I'm sure your brother is not interested in fashion blogging so he won't read this :P

    Do you wanna follow each other?
    Tell me if you are interested :)
    www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Its funny because my brother actually is pretty fashionable. I like to think he got it from me - you know, dressing him up in girl clothes when we were little. His very first designer item was picked out by me, and now he orders from Trunk Club so they pick out designer clothes for him too.

      Thanks for stopping by! Going to follow you back!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I am soooooo proud of you! You made the first step...and u did so great!!!! Seriously! In time it will get easier, and by time i mean like a week. It was super hard for me at first too, but u start to notice that hey, I can knock these push ups a lot faster than I could a week ago. I always strive for perfect form. If you're not doing it right, u might as well not do it at all because u can seriously hurt yourself.
    OMG so I have started my journal like yours...where you like doodle and draw (and thats the same thing lol). I'm going to start posting it on my family blog. Keep it up girl. I totally know you can make it through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt super awesome when I finished this morning! My legs were even shaking because of all the squats I did! Lol. Weak sauce, I know. Haha. I'm still super bummed that I didn't get to do the flow test but I plan on doing that tonight along with the poses so I'm super excited to start that!

      And last time I tried to do the challenges, I didn't time myself so I was very inconsistent but I downloaded an interval timer to Joey's iTouch and its so much better! I definitely need to get me the little pink one though!!

      Delete
  3. hey, we both have little brothers name jonathan! and they spell it the same way. i know that he hates when people spell his name wrong. or for his nickname, they spell it johnny, when it's jonnie. okay, that's a random little tidbit. anyway, congrats on the first steps of working out. now if only i could do the same.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I always thought it was funny that people couldn't spell Jonathan! Sometimes it was Johnathon or Johnathen or some other weird spelling. Good thing Jessica was such a common name that I didn't have problems with it growing up...but its funny now because people spell names a lot differently than they used to. Jessica is now spelled Jessika, Jessyka, Jayseeka, Jaycekah - and yeah, these are all names of people I've met before. Weird.

      Delete
  4. WOWZERS is that Bodyrock girl's body real??
    That is motivation right there!!

    Good on ya for getting it done, keep it up hun! I love working out in the morning, makes you feel awesome for the rest of the day :-)
    (apart from the burning buns/thighs/arms of course.. but you learn to love the burn, it means it's working wahoo!)

    V x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. her boobs sure isnt:). lol. But those abs are to die for!!

      Delete
    2. I know, right! That girl's body is sickkkkkk! I'd love for my abs and legs to look like that! And I wouldn't mind the fake boobs too. Lol. Hey, if you can't grow em, buy em!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Brother!! lol. Hope its one of the best!!

    Good Job, Twin...you did awesome! Keep it up! You better be posting up updates...cant wait til the next post:).

    xx,
    klee

    mrslee-flabtofab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yeah I'm super excited that I've been keeping up with this. I'll post about it again this week!

      Delete
    2. p.s. you better not lose that booty, that's a God's given gift...hahaha. xx.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Going to visit your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, well done! I love the routine, and though I've been doing it, the setting of reps in 50 seconds sounds interesting. I will try it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do try it! I think the 50 second thing is good because it makes you push yourself a little harder to try to beat that timer!

      Delete
  8. Ive never heard of that site before! Looks interesting, especially since I just made a vow to myself that Im gettin back in shape! Keep updating ur progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! The best part about it is that its free! You don't need to spend money or buy equipment for it!

      Delete
    2. Omgosh girl I tried it this morning (I already know Im not in the best shape) I kid u not, it kicked my ass, in a good way!! Thanks for blogging about it I loved it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!