Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Duckie's Mish-Mosh Meatloaf

Holler!

It's Tuesday and one of my favorite days of the blogging week.  Why?  Because I get to talk about food, duh!

So today I thought I'd share a recipe that I kind of made up as I went.  It's actually a combination of a few different recipes I found and it tastes GREAT.

I had been craving meatloaf for some time now (no, I'm NOT pregnant) and this is the very first time I ever attempted to make it.  And I must say, it was a hit even with my picky kids!


Ingredients:

• 3lbs. ground beef
• 1pkg. stuffing mix (I used Stove Top)
• 1pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
• 1 (6oz.) can of French's French Fried Onions
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 10 slices of bacon (cooked & chopped)

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350°.

2.  Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.

3.  Shape into loaves and place in loaf pans or on a baking sheet.

4.  Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.

*This recipe makes about 4 loaves.  Cut the ingredients in half for a smaller family, or just save the extra loaves for later.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this recipe.  My kids really did love it because it had all their favorite ingredients mixed into one dish.  The five of us (Joey, me, & the 3 kids) ended up eating 2 loaves that night - it was that good.

♥ Duckie.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, yum! I love meatloaf. My mom (who's from the motherland, Japan) never made it when I was growing up. i guess that's why I like it so much, because I get to make it the way I like it. LOL

    I started to eat a little healthier, so a way for me to portion control, I add the meatloaf and add them into muffin tins. I bake it like usual and it comes out like little hockey discs. It's cute and a great way for me to trick myself on eating a smaller portion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever had meatloaf before, (stoopid Kiwi!) What do you eat it with? Looks yum...

    Vanessa x
    www.vanessaeves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!