Wednesday, June 20, 2012

For my twin.

If you follow me on Instagram and Twitter (which I'm sure you do, right?) you would have seen the picture of a box full of stuff that I got last night.

Well that lovely package is from an AMAZING person.  And fyi, she was AMAZING even before she sent me this.  There are literally not enough wonderful words that I can say to describe this woman.  Who is this person?  Why, she's my twin, Keena!  If you know me, you should already know her too since I mentioned her in a gazillion posts already.  Like here, here, here, and here, just to name a few.  I love this woman to pieces.  She is one of my first followers and she is also one of the most loyal, honest, and genuine people I know.  Go and take a look at her blog and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, she had set a fitness goal for herself back in May (go read her post about it here) and she made a deal with me that if she didn't meet her goal by June, she would give me a $50 gift card from Forever 21.  See, isn't she amazing?  She just broke the stereotype that us Asians are cheap!  Well, needless to say, she didn't meet her goal so she told me to browse what I wanted online and she'd just order it for me.  Now in my defense, I had narrowed it down to either a dress or a blouse & shorts.

But, again, being the AMAZING person that she is she went ahead and did the research on these items and found that the reviews weren't so great.  So instead of just saying "Hey, guess what your picks are crappy!" she ordered me a whole bunch of different things and sent it.  Without telling me anything about what she picked.  At all.  Surprise!

So I finally got the package last night and I nearly died with every item I pulled out.  Seriously.  If you were in my living room last night with me you would have probably rolled your eyes at all the "Ohmigosh!" "Ooohhh!!" "Yay!" "Wow!!"  and squeals that came out of my mouth.  I know you would have because I would have.  And hey, Forever 21 is a luxury store for me since I don't have one on this island so I was ECSTATIC!

My twin went above and beyond what I had imagined.  She went WAY over her initial $50 cap and I'm still shocked at her generosity.  Oh, and did I mention that her picks were frikken gorgeous?  Well they are.  So you can bet your behinds that I'll be featuring her picks in upcoming outfit posts.

But not today.  Why?  Because I like to tease you.  I really do.  And because even though I am wearing one of the dresses she sent me (the teal one with the buttons & belt) I forgot my camera today.  I know, fashion blogger fail.  But also because I really want to show off this dress as well as all the other items she sent me in a proper way.  You know, instead of taking pictures of myself with the iPod in our bathroom at work and pretending that I'm checking something on it whenever someone walks in.  Hint:  photoshoot.

Sorry if you thought this would be my "What I Wore" post for today but its not.  This post is to thank my AMAZING sister from another mister, Keena.  So please, go check out her blog and thank her for being such an AMAZING person because I'm sure once you get to know her, you'll realize it too.



♥ Duckie.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE her too!! She's so much fun! Keena definitely has me stepping up my vlogging game too. LOL all I need to do is upload all my vids to youtube :)
    Hey....I'm not cheap...I just budget well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are incentives for being my supporters/followers...wink wink.

      two words...upload...lol.
      I want to 0.0 see already!

      hee,

      klee

      kisskissbyklee.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. I agree with Keena! Upload those videos!

      Delete
  2. Aw I love Keena :) She is soo sweet. I cant wait to see what she picked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is the sweetest! I'll be featuring the items little by little...just to make her wait it out a bit. Lol.

      Delete
  3. You definitely are a TEASE!
    Really? Really? Not even a corner of the dress for today, really? Don't tell me I have to wait a week more!

    I nearly teared up while reading this...this is why I love you and why I did what I did. Don't tell my husband how much I spent on another woman...he will for sure think I'm a lesbian. lol. I hope you love the dresses and blazer as much I adore you. You truly are one of a kind. Did the kids like the necklaces? I thought they would want something while mama got a box full of new things. Tell Joey, too bad so sad...lol.

    You make me want to keep blogging regardless of how many followers I have. Knowing you and other handfuls enjoy what I do...it makes this girl happy!

    Thank you and for this post!

    xx,
    klee

    kisskissbyklee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha! I literally laughed out loud when I read this! I knew you'd have something to say about me not posting pictures! And you really are AMAZING. Hands down. All caps.

      So glad that I found you. And you totally got dibs on me if you decide to give up on men. You can bring your o-ring. Lol.

      Delete
    2. Ew with a squeal! LMAO...we are super sick minded...I like! No, I'm okay with not showing all the goods in one take...it'll just be like 7? surprises that I will have to wait and see...but the blazer should be paired with at least 2 of them...that's what I thought I would do...um, actually...let me gmail you...

      Delete
  4. You guys are TOO SWEET!!!
    Love love LOVE this post :-)

    Vanessa x
    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!