Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Introduction Interruption

Today I'm gonna start off with a little bit of an introduction of myself and this little blog of mine! No, not because I forgot who I am (like how I forgot how old I was on my birthday), but because thanks to the HUGE success of yesterday's GFC Blog Hop, there are a whole lotta (awesome, amazing, gorgeous) new followers today!  So expect some more shameless plugs of my previous posts.  *And to my loyal readers who have already been following me "ever since ever since", please just bear with me.  Lol.

I'm not gonna do a whole lengthy introduction about who I am, why I started blogging, my life goals, etc. because that's what my "About Me" page is for.  Hah.  No, I'm kidding.  I'm not that blunt - just lazy (see here and here for proof).  So I'll just keep it simple and basic:




My name is Jessica (and all Jessicas are amazing) but most people know me as Duckie (pronounced ducky - not to be confused with dookey).  I grew up in the gorgeous island of Oahu, Hawaii and I love and miss anything and everything about home (see this post here).

I've been living on Guam for the past few years and work full-time as a legal secretary (see how hard I work in this post here).  And even though I dropped out of college twice, I'm also studying to get my Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies through Kaplan University (online) because - let's face it - this girl needs a raise. 






I've got an AWESOME (well, today at least) boyfriend (who I show off around here once in a while, like here) and three amazing (crazy, naughty, loud, destructive) kids, all of whom I love to death.  I post about them from time to time so you'll get to see what I'm talking about.

This blog is, as the title says, a "little bit of everything" blog.  I'm constantly changing and growing and learning new things and this blog is a reflection of that.  Its got ups and downs, drama, suspense, romance, and everything else.

Its like reality TV, but without the script.

 Oh, and I usually do an outfit post on Wednesdays, like this:

 
Gold crescent necklace & Burnt Orange Blazer:  Gift from Keena {Forever21}  //  Yellow blouse:  old {Target}  //  Black Bodycon Pencil Skirt:  old {Charlotte Russe}  //  Black Patent heels:  Gift from sister {Wet Seal}  //  Ring (left side):  $8.00 {Oasap.com}  //  Ring (right side):  $4.00 {Charlotte Russe}



♥ Duckie.

19 comments:

  1. Hey You!

    I retraced your steps and followed ya right back to your very own spot in this bloggy world. You are just the cutest thing since, well... you. I love your site and so love that you stopped by localsugarhawaii.com-- thanks for that. And if you don't mind I'm gonna go all stalkerish on you right back... =)

    xo,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounded a little too creepy when I read it back-- I'm following ya now via GFC and am so glad to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower! Love your outfit and nice to follow you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love introduction posts like these! Regardless of how long anyone has been following and reading along, there are always fun little snippets to learn about the writer behind the blog! :)

    Is that a starfish tattoo on your foot? Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit..totally got the sexy legal secretary look going on! The pencil skirt and black heels really are classics that every girl should have! Great "introduction" post. I LOVE Hawaii. I have a friend who lives in Guam, how random! We grew up in Northern California together, he was one of my best friends in highschool. His name is Doug. Have a great day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in high school my nickname used to be Ducky, haha! Adorable outfit and I love your blog :) I am definitely glad that I found it via the GFC hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sort of already knew these things about you, but just reading them again made me like you more. And I'm loving your outfit, cutest legal secretary around!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit! love the shoes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog Duckie,
    I know what you mea about birthdays, I spent two years at 30 because I zoned out on number 29. Hugs #275

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you, that is awesome that you did that introduction post. I am your newest follower from the blog hop. I love that outfit really cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! I like your update/introduction. I got to know you a little bit more than I already known.

    Good job on getting that degree! Gotta get that money, honey (as I like to say it).

    The blog hop sounds like so much fun, but I have the (evil) wordpress blog. LOL It's all good. I'm so happy that it was such a huge success. So, exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look stunning, beautiful jacket and skirt.hope you can spare a few minutes to check out my latest post.


    www.personalautographs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments and meeting new bloggers so please feel free to say "Hi"!

I respond to every single comment either via Email or right here so please check back here if your email isn't linked to your comment!